Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

What happened to this forum?

Discussion in 'Comments' started by Mengsta, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Mengsta

Mengsta <font color="#fb7014"><b>Club-tC Supporting Vendor Staff Member

Haha I've Noticed this forum hasn't been as lively as it should. Has everyone moved to scionlife? Anyway lets get this alive again.

2. bwolfe84

bwolfe84 Member

3. travis1041

travis1041 Member

Havent been on in about 3 months. This place has changed a little, always liked it more than scionlife.

4. JRW-910

JRW-910 Owner / Admin Staff Member

It was due for a change. We have added more features and will continue to add more content. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.

Thanks,

-JRW

5. Mengsta

Ok i got one big suggestion. Im in no way hating this forum, hence why im here trying to improve it. The only reason i like this forum more than scionlife is because it is solely for tc.
    -Finding information can be easier
    -Building relations with users can be cooler since we all tc's
    -Less Cocky people.
    But anyway what would be a big plus, and im sure alot of people would agree, Is just the organization of the "FORUM" section. Its cluttered. Basically wen you enter the forum section of this site by clicking "forum" on the top toolbar, u get a cluttered list of a whole bunch of sections in this forum. For Example.. "events and general discussion" You should just put that as a separate section on the top toolbar. And as for the "forum" link, there should be a drop down menu when you highlight it, and it will list the certain sections like engine, exterior, interior, performance. As well as the current option of clicking the actual forum button and loading the clutterd list. but usually a drop down menu with the links would be a better way to organize threads. Basically having a cluttered list can spread out certain members giving members a harder time to find threads. more members finding the right places will lead to better discussion and less new thread creations in general. Why is there an "article discussion" section? There should only be 1 section for performance, interior , suspension and just leave it at that.

These are just suggestions i am in no way bashing on this forum haha. I have no experience in designing webpages or any education on html. So please do not take my opinions the wrong way. Peace

6. JRW-910

We appreciate your suggestions.

1) Having the article discussion forums was part of the old system and is being phased out. It does take a little while to move all of the articles and format them into the new system, but that process has begun.

2) I would also agree with you about the forums section being a little too cluttered. Instead of changing the navigation bar, I am going to be trying something to make the forums less cluttered on the main page. You should see that later today or tomorrow. If the community doesn't like it then I can switch it back and look into changing the navigation menu.

Scionlife has changed quite a bit from when it originally started. I’m not sure if you are aware, but it was purchased by a publicly traded company called Internet Brands. When you are running a site to make money, the focus completely changes and the feel of the site also changes. Like it or not, in the Scion world, it is the king daddy, but you are right about the cockiness that goes on there... and the mixing of members with different model cars.

See what you think and let me know,

-JRW

7. Mengsta

Haha cool, and yeah i totally agree with you, If you noticed, some of my suggestions were loosely based on how scionlife was organized. And yes i am aware of their changes. I even have the old Scionlife stickers that they used to sell but no longer do.
    =( haha. Anyway ill be looking forward to new changes, and ill be here to help the new tc owners out. Beleive it or not new owners whether 05-09 will have the same questions haha.

8. chyz-dad

chyz-dad Member

I have to say it has been probably 2-3 months since I was last here,a nd I am glad I acme back because the site looks a lot better....

It is going to take a little getting used to but I will get it figured out in no time....

Peace

9. MR.310

MR.310 Member

this is the first forum that i have joined, and i dont think there is a need to join another. this site is great. everybody is friendly and is willing to help. and you cant beat the smileys.lol
    :asskiss:

10. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

Now, with that smiley....lol. I can understand the kissing off the ass, but why does he lick it afterwards? :loool:

11. MR.310

MR.310 Member

lol ya that one is great. i been waiting on a reason to use it.lol
    :duel:

12. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Here I thought he was smooching on some lady luv bags.:asskiss: Shows what I know, eh. Suppose that it is the whole Freudian glass is half empty, half full crap. That sucks because mine has a whole in it.:oops:

Just to clarify one more thing. :deadhorse: Is this smiley about beating a dead horse or is it a Korean cook preparing today's Chef's Special? :idgi:

13. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

:loool: :loool:

14. TheFantasticG

TheFantasticG Member

I like this site. It's not as active as Club Scion tC - Social Network for Scion Enthusiasts (which I'm a moderator on) but I still like it.

I haven't been here in awhile, but since I'm back home I'll come back more. One of the complaints I had from the beginning was this site was slower to load than the others which kept me from coming back. It doesn't seem to be that way any more though. But this site is on my quick-hit list on Firefox.

15. navylife59

I have always found SL to be the lethargic behemoth. That led me away from those guys plenty quick. I have never really spent time anyplace else. I will have to slide over to ClubScion sometime to check things out.

16. JRW-910

We are glad to have you over here. This site has been on a new server for some time now and loads very quickly... at least for me. There is nothing worse then waiting for pages to load forever.

Also, if you have any ideas that would make this site better, we are always listening!

Thanks,

-JRW

17. DerekTGTR

DerekTGTR New Member

Everything seems good so far. Can't wait to make something happen with my car!

18. Mengsta

Yes everything is definitely awesome. I like what has been upgraded to this forum compared to how it was a few years back.

19. Flint Mica tC

Flint Mica tC Member

Ya I kinda noticed it seemed a little slow. But it kinda seems like everything's been covered. Need to start talking about newer mods and new products.

20. navylife59

Get 'er done. There is still alot of unexplored territory out there. I actually prefer the original format of the site. Reason being is that it was straight up forward, simple, and quick. Over the years the updates have been good and bad. This latest version is doing well but it still needs some fine tuning. I find the search engine useless.