Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Weapon R headers

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by Phreak0402, May 17, 2009.

1. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

Time to upgrade those headlight bulbs to HID's bro. I am a prime example that ceramic coating will not warp a header. Being that I have a DC Sport 4-1 and had the ceramic coating done by Jet-Hot, they wouldn't have done the work if it was going to fail or ruin the header.

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

I am with Cadence on this one. If the WR fails due to ceramic coating, I don't want it.

The radio may have a short in it's amplifier section that has not manifested itself in a complete failure yet. I would take the complaint to the Dealership if still under warranty. When you blew your other speakers out, what was the cause of this? Have you spliced into any connection at all concerning the stereo/speakers? Back when I used to be a car audio buff and rogue expert at Metra Electronics, it was discovered in numerous failed head units/amps that the primary cause of failure was a short-to-ground in the speaker wires. Anything from a frayed wire touching the basket of the speaker to screws drilled through the wire would cause a short-to-ground condition that did not have much resistance.

As far as your headlight, have you inspected the connectors? There could be some sort of contamination causing a weak connection. Autoparts stores carry a product called CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. Use it to spray into the connectors to clean them out. Also, have you tried to swap the bulbs from side to side. If the problem travels to the other light, then it is the bulb (broken filament). If it persists, then it probably is a relay. The fog lights that you had, were they the OEM of something that you had to splice in? If you have the latter and tagged into the driver's headlamp circuit, that could be the problem there.

3. mauricet

mauricet New Member

were you get it from i love in va i would like to do the jet wrap

4. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member