Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Weapon R headers

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by Phreak0402, May 17, 2009.

1. Phreak0402

Phreak0402 Member

I have noticed that most of them I found online say they are for 04-07 scions. I have an 09. Does this mean that it won't fit my car. What is the difference between the 07 and 09's in regards to the exhaust if any?

2. Mengsta

Mengsta <font color="#fb7014"><b>Club-tC Supporting Vendor Staff Member

There is no exhaust difference between the 04 and 09 scions. Its a miss typo that alot of business forget to update. It should really say 04+ Scion TC's, if its an item pertaining to the exhaust system. All the same. The weapon-r header should fit fine in your 09 vehicle.

-Tony

3. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

What a surprise, Meng had to chime in to make a sale. Anyhow, I would go w/ a good name brand header like: DC Sport, Weapon-R, Strup, or Alphawerks. Are you going 4-1 or 4-2-1? I would also suggest having the header jet coated from Jet-Hot, I had mine done and it came out amazingly well. A full warranty comes w/ all their work and will last longer than the ceramic coating, plus will reduce engine temp. Worth looking into IMO.

4. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Did you ever get a pic of yours installed Cadence?

5. CadenceScion

My exhaust is still OEM, till my RS1 side skirts and RS1 rear lip comes in and they get painted. Although this week I will have more mods done on the tC, I will be sure to take pics and post them up.

6. allenxtc

allenxtc New Member

scott, how much did u spend on the jet hot coating. I m interested, but if its out of my budget, is exhaust wrap gonna do the same job? thx

7. CadenceScion

The total cost of the jet-coating was around $200-250, they will have to strip off the ceramic coating in order to do the jet-coating. My header was gone from me about a week, great service, awesome quality and they answered all my questions. I personally wouldn't waste the time and money on heat wrap. Over time the heat wrap is going rot/rust out the header if not faster due to trapping in any moisture. Its more practical on racecars/drag cars, not daily driven vehicles, plus if you live where there is salt, its even worse. Jet-Hot coated and treated my header that is protected up to 1,200 degrees. Plus you have choices on coatings as well as temperature protection. Here is what my header looks like after I got it back from Jet-Hot:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jet-Hot fully warranties their work against cracking, warping, peeling, flaking, if for some reason your header happens to do any of those things, they will recoat your header w/ no questions asked.

8. allenxtc

allenxtc New Member

Thx for the details! probably will do it when I hv chance

9. CadenceScion

Your more than welcome bro. Keep in touch. If your looking for a Redline Tuning Quicklift Elite I have one for sale.

10. ACE-tC

ACE-tC Member

thats the same exact header i have too bad i didnt know about the coating until after i had alreaqdy installed it gr.... maybe ill just buy another one lol

11. CadenceScion

12. navylife59

Geez! Now I am jealous.

13. ACE-tC

ACE-tC Member

14. CadenceScion

DC Sport does not make a 4-2-1 header, its a typo/misleading/false advertisement. The website says its 4-2-1, but its really a 4-1, I know I have one. Why they haven't corrected this mishap is beyond me.

15. ACE-tC

ACE-tC Member

16. CadenceScion

I really don't know all that much about Tsudo. IMO, they look legit, but as far as their quality goes IDK. The only headers I am aware of are: DC Sport, Strup, OBX, Alphawerks, and Weapon-R. I would hit NavyLife up and ask him his thoughts on it.

17. navylife59

Ouch! Why do ya'll keep hitting me? I thought we were pals? :fart:

I was a little pissed off when I received my 4-2-1 DC Sports header only to discover a 4-1 header in it's stead. A quick call to the vendor provided that the information on their website was direct from the then DC Sports company's website. A call to them ended up with the cop-out response of, " The Scion tC header is, in fact, a 4-1 header. We do not advertise it as anything else. We don't know why nor where our vendors post this erroneous info on their websites." There was much back peddling when I told the knucklehead that it was coming directly from the DC Sports website. I still don't think they have changed that info at all. The Basterds!

AS I was telling ACE, the Tsudo unit appears (from the photos) to be a direct knock-off of the Weapon-R piece. There is just some slight differences in the placement of the welds on the primaries and the quality of the polish/material used. This is what leads me to believe it to be a knock-off as opposed to that of just product branding from the same manufacturer. Either way, we now have two 4-2-1 headers on the market for the tC.

18. ACE-tC

ACE-tC Member

okive been looking on line for the weapon r headers all of them pretty much look the same and range from 420-460 at the lowest cost and 600-700 at most that includes the s pipe. i want to be sure im buying the correct header anyone have thesite for it? while i was reading through the description it says i SHOULDNT get it ceramic coated because it could warp the header any info on that because i realy was considering that jet hot stuff from cadence the weapon r header coated blue would be bad ass!

also my fuse for the stereo keeps going out. ive had to change it like 5 times in the last month anyone have any ideas? i went to have codes read at autozone and there werent any coming out. then again i dong have a CEL light on which is good but its tripping me out that ive had to change the damn fuse so many times and also my driver side headlight (low beam) also keps shorting as in it will work sometimes and it wont sometimes. i figue its the plug or whatever you call it but i plan on getting a whole new halo set anyway ince i dont have halos yet any ideas?

19. navylife59

Ceramic coating the header should not warp it unless the material is thin or mal-adjusted to heat (metallurgy). Being a header, it should be neither. Who told you this? I would contact Chris at WR and ask him about this. There just might be an issue. Ceramic coating is a good thing.

Your fuse may be blowing due to an overload or by being the incorrect amperage. Is the radio OEM? If it is and you have not cut into the wires for an amplifier or something, then take it in for warranty.

Same with the headlight. Do you have performance bulbs or HIDS? Do you have other add-on lights like fogs, neons, strobes, etc that you have added and maybe overloading that circuit?

20. ACE-tC

ACE-tC Member

on all the sites that are selling the weapon R it says that in or after the description. that ceramic coating might warp the header.

the radio is oem as far as i know it says scion on it lol and is pioneer. i use to have a system but not for a long time. i blew out my speakers lol.

i had fog lights but removed them i dont know i just didnt like the look of them. also i do have interior neons under each seat and under each side of the dash. but ive had those all for a long time now and all of a sudden after what 2 years now its starting to go out... my headlight bulbs are from autozone i think they are called clear blue?