Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Tire Pressure Warning System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JRW-910, Aug 19, 2012.

1. JRW-910

JRW-910 Owner / Admin Staff Member

Under The Hood at the Ledger.com received an email from the owner of an '05 tC concerning Scion's Tire Pressure Warning System. The owner was having issues with a low pressure warning even though tire pressures were measured and found to be within spec.

slide.jpg

Read the response:

Complete Response

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

I had similar issues on my 2005 with the OEM tires/wheels. Had a flat patch repair and come to find out, my tC never came with the sensors even installed in the wheels though I do have the TPMS ECU, and reset switch.

3. SnowTube93

SnowTube93 New Member

Had the same problem 07 scion tc what helped me was releasing most of the air pressure on all wheels filling it back up to factory specs 32 psi in the front 29psi in the back put the key in turned it back to lock possition and hitting the reset switch in the glove box turned it on 50miles later hasn't came back

4. Prometheus

Prometheus New Member

I also had a similar issue, except the problem for me was the fact that the wheel bearings on both front wheels needed to be replaced. Apparently, the vibrations from the bad wheel bearings where just enough to throw off the sensors readings and thus giving the ecu a bad signal, which in turn popped the light. After replacing the wheel bearings, I did one final reset and all has been well for almost a month and a half or so now.

As far as I have learned, the 05-? tC has a "passive" tpms. which, I guess means that there are no sensors inside the wheels but it uses the wheel speed sensors to determine the tire pressure situation. As I am still running my stock rims and have no sensors inside of them, but the system still works just as it is supposed to.

5. nysa

nysa New Member

my 2005 tc is doin that also event thought i just put new tires on it, weird ?