Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

The Time has Come....

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JRW-910, May 16, 2012.

1. JRW-910

JRW-910 Owner / Admin Staff Member

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let everyone know what will be taking place with Club-tC over the next week or two. You will notice a slight bit of down time followed by a completely new site. The next incarnation of Club-tC has been in the works for MANY months and is finally ready to go live. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of files that make this site run and NOT one will be carried over to the new site. It will be the most major change/upgrade since I took over the site back in 2007.

Before I get into what everyone can expect out of the new site, I'd like to take a minute talk about the past. As I mentioned before, I became the owners/administrator of the site more then 5 years ago. At that time, there was very little action and only a few hundred members. Today we have over 32,000 posts from almost 6,500 members. We have a community filled with knowledgeable and dedicated people that have made this one of the most informative sites dedicated to the Scion tC.

This feat would not be possible without the hard work and talent of our staff... particularly our most senior Moderator and Technical Editor, Scott... known to all as 'navylife59'. The time that he has put into Club-tC and the knowledge that he has shared with the community is second to none.

As you all know the web has changed significantly over the last few years. Unfortunately, the software that Club-tC was built on has failed to keep up with the constantly changing experience that site users expect. This site certainly feels old and antiquated compared to others currently.

That will all be coming to and end. This new platform was built from scratch a little more then a year ago and has matured to the point where is feels extremely polished and ready for prime time. Tons of hours have been put into adding features that will benefit all of our members and guests.

As you can tell, I am pretty excited.

In the following posts, I will show off some of the new features but I want to explain some of the changes that you can expect in the next week or two.

The site will be down for a period of a few hours during the transition. Don't worry, its not going anywhere! If everything goes according to schedule, a new site will be up in its place and you will be able to log in with your current username and password. Your profile, all forum posts, all forum pictures and attachments, and just about everything you see here will be carried over to the new site.

Unfortunately, as of right now the Gallery (Photo Gallery - Scion tC Forum) will not be carried over. All of the images and car details will be lost. Please take the time to download and save anything you wish to keep. I will save the data in case we find a way to post it, but please don't count on that.

All of that being said... take a look below at some of the new features.

Thanks,

-JRW | Club-tC

2. JRW-910

JRW-910 Owner / Admin Staff Member

I'm going to use this post to show off some of the new site.

1) Social - The new site will allow guests to register and be part of the community just as they did with the current site. They will now have the option of registering / logging in via their favorite social network including Facebook, g+ (Google Plus), and Twitter. Current members will be able to associate their Club-tC membership to their social networking accounts as well.

[​IMG]

2) Member Profile - The new site has a ton of options for members to customize their experience. Details about their life and details about their ride are all found in more place now. It only takes a few minutes to input the necessary information and it will be displayed in a couple of unique ways.

When you click on a members username anywhere on the site, a Member Card will pop up with information without taking you off of the page that you are currently viewing.

[​IMG]

The Member Card shows you the member's: avatar (profile picture), username, a custom title, their last profile post, how long they have been a member, how many posts they have made, how many 'likes' they have received, how many 'trophy points' they have earned, how many warnings they have received, and how many picture albums they have as well as where and when they were last active on the site.

Some of this information will also be posted beside every posts they make in the community forum.

[​IMG]

Next to each post that a member makes will be their: avatar, banner saying if they are currently online or offline, group membership, username, custom title, membership registration date, and information about their ride.

Members can fill out information about their ride within their profile ... only takes a minute.

[​IMG]

3) Member List - The member list is much easier to use and will now include a members avatar, username, custom title, messages, likes, trophy points, and now information about their car and a link to their picture albums. So, if you are looking to find a member with a 'lightly modified 2005 tc' the memberlist will prove valuable.

[​IMG]

.... MORE TO COME.

3. Racingsolution

Racingsolution Member

Looks good!