Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

The sheriffs test track!!

Discussion in 'Autocrossing and Road Racing' started by okie, Sep 26, 2010.

1. okie

okie Member

this is a old vid and the car has been dialed in since then but here it is i need to post a new one up.

[video=youtube;dtvBDUq0AM4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtvBDUq0AM4[/video]

2. okie

okie Member

[video=youtube;2W1kY8BPTJI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W1kY8BPTJI[/video]

3. univision

univision Member

That's really cool man. I didn't know the sheriffs had their own little track :p

4. okie

okie Member

yup they do there training there

5. DerekTGTR

DerekTGTR New Member

Any suspension mods for this run? Looks like fun!

6. okie

okie Member

for this run it was just springs and a dg spec bar on its medium setting. Since then it have finally got the courage to move it up to its stiffest setting. the rotors have been replaced with a slotted pair and the pads have been upgraded. I honestly keep my fastest times up with the big boys and keep up with and even get some faster times that some of the cars i shouldn't. ( i blame the driver on that)

7. DerekTGTR

DerekTGTR New Member

yea

That sounds great. I want to get some suspension mods going, but need the funds. And on a track like that, it's 90% driver and 10% car for sure.

8. okie

okie Member

i would defiantly recommend the progress rear sway. Mine is a dg one but they made it. It was probably the most significant one to help me out.

9. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

That some good wheel work there. Wish I had a place to do that. NASA or SCCA does some club racing on our abandoned airfield at the NAS New Orleans Base. Problem is the crushed gravel that you have to drive through and the huge tufts of weeds growing in the expansion joints.

You are correct about your assumption on driver skilz. As the performance of the vehicle goes up, so must the experience of the driver. Way too many people try to overdrive a capable car and find themselves in trouble. Give those people a more "de-tuned" vehicle and their track and times will improve.

10. okie

okie Member

I have driven fast cars and have done much better on my time in those. But to many people go out to these tracks expect because they make big power and have thrown a dollar sign at the car that they will be able to go faster than someone with experience and the right modifications. That is why i have friends that are making 400 plus hp in there tc's and wont dare go the track with me because they have figured out quickly that all that power doesn't mean squat when the turbo has no time to spool and the stock suspension wont cut it compare to what little modifications i do have and the track experience i do have. I am by no means claiming i am some great driver but every little bit of experience does help compared to none at all.

11. okie

okie Member

[video]<object width="400" height="224" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10150311746320514" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10150311746320514" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224"></embed></object>[/video]

12. univision

univision Member

Your facebook video is either removed or not visible due to your privacy policies.

13. okie

okie Member

i will fix it here in a bit