Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

tC Headers

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by NARUTO, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Htownrs5.0

Htownrs5.0 Member

i just heard that earlier in another thread from nathan..... i just bought the new tc rs . . . . was going to add the trd sc a few months down the line.... will they be making a new model.. or just drop it all together?:hang:

2. Jay666

Jay666 Member

They are killing it completely due to cutbacks as a result of poor sales overall for the company (crappy economy).

3. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

2010 tC is scheduled to be a redesigned platform but with the economy, it just might stay the same but different hood, front/rear fascias, interior, etc like the fox body fords of the 80's-90's. The 2AZ-FE is destined to be replaced with the 2AR-FE. Slightly different motor so the TRD S/C would have to be a redesign. This will probably not be forthcoming if at all.

There is a new start up company that was planning on designing a Rotrex based S/C for the tC. I have not received an update on this. Once upon a time I had a dream of starting my own performance parts business and develop a system similar to this. My Fiancee has since crushed that. :( Looks like I will just have to one-off everything on my car. As soon as I find out more about this Rotrex based setup, I will let ya'll know.

4. Jay666

Jay666 Member

So, you're not going to be doing the performance part company you have spoken of possibly doing in the past???????!!!!!!!!!

5. navylife59

My plans were to have this started up 3 years ago to be one of the major innovators in the new tC segment. Without much of an industry name, the fewer big league players, the better chance that I would have at the market share till my ideas/products were proven. I also need to be introduced into the racing circuit to establish real world validity to the same. None of this has happened and my personal life has disillusioned any chances that this will ever happen.:fi: I will be lucky if my car will ever set rubber to any track.

6. Mengsta

Mengsta <font color="#fb7014"><b>Club-tC Supporting Vendor Staff Member

Dont say that bro, just keep trying to do what you wanna do. Seriously man. Even if it takes longer than you expected.

7. navylife59

I am very passionate about R&D, thinking out of the box, and problem solving. I have had this desire for about 25 years now. When I learned about the tC, it's potential, and the huge gap time that it would have in USDM support; I saw my opportunity. I love my job in the Navy flying around the world in the back of the Herc, but it does not satisfy my creative skills. To me, building and modding cars is an art form. Even just washing and detailing my vehicles gives me that warm fuzzy. My Fiancee can't understand why I would spend 4 hours at the car wash.

My High School Counselor asked me what I wanted to do in life the most. I told her that I was not sure as I wanted to do a great many things. She promptly stated that for me to be successful in reaching my dreams that I needed to focus on only one interest. I just could not do that as I thirsted to know anything and everything. This is my one thing. Autosports is my passion, everything else is just a job.

8. Jay666

Jay666 Member

I'm sad to hear that dream may not become a reality, especially since it means fewer mod development for the TC. You are really passionate about it and very helpful.

Life has it's twists and turns though. Being that I was recently divorced, I totally understand how quickly life can take a turn on you.

Best wishes either way though.

9. navylife59

Thanks for all the support ya'll. I really do appreciate it.

10. StreetBrawler89

StreetBrawler89 Member

Non-sense man, I dont know where your at but the last few stations Ive been moved around to have had Auto Hobby stations on post, you should leave a card or something with those guys, most of em are cool. Plus the military VA stuff can cover your Track cost if you put a company name on the back(IE a Club-tC.com window sticker). After that man you can just let it happen.

11. navylife59

What I have planned won't work out at the Auto Hobby. I need a shop of my own to do R&D and manufacturing. This is a long-term commitment that can't be constrained by MWR's hours. Additionally, there is no industry support here in New Orleans as compared to Texas. One of those supports is Jotech.

12. StreetBrawler89

StreetBrawler89 Member

Ahh, sorry to hear that man, figured it was worth a shot though.

13. Jay666

Jay666 Member

You should at least try to sell some of your ideas. I mean, you developed that custom intake.

14. navylife59

Thanks. I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve that I have yet to develop and a few out-of-the-box ones that will require further research and development. Right now, I have been flying to keep my proficiency so that I can be Deployed to The Sand Box at the end of this month. The other problem that I have is that my ride is in storage at my Brother's in Texas. I need to develop the proto-types that I plan on selling.

15. Jay666

Jay666 Member

PLEASE keep us updated on anything you develop!

16. navylife59

My Peeps at Club-tC will always get the exclusives and special deals.

17. seetherage

seetherage New Member

>.> I had a huge grudge against the Potenzas... I totaled my other car with em. Plus, they (use to, idk now) run 275 bucks a piece.

They had about 50% usable thread on them and I still lost complete control in a curve.

18. Jay666

Jay666 Member

How do Pirelli's rank? I have the 18" Pirelli's that come when you get the upgraded Scion 18" alloy rims.

19. JRW-910

JRW-910 Owner / Admin Staff Member

I used to love my Nitto 555's but recently tried a set of Goodyear F1 GS-Dr's .... these I love! Lots of grip and run very quiet.

-JRW

20. paisa3000

paisa3000 New Member

i have a scion tc 06 and yesterday i put new header and cold air intake... but today i got a dtc which is p0420 (catalytic converter) my friend told me to replace the o2 sensor i really dont know what to do..... can someone help me please???????? thanks