Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Stock CD player Vs iPod Comp model?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lazania, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Lazania

Lazania New Member

Im just wondering if there is a substantial difference in sound quality between the stock deck and the upgrade? Is it worth the money?

2. jessrenee11

jessrenee11 New Member

I really like the upgrade, I think it sounds good

3. SPARTAN

SPARTAN Member

The actual audio shouldn't be any different between the stock stereo and the ipod upgrade. There are really only 3 differences: the upgrade can change its display color, the upgrade controls the ipod through the car's controls (head unit and steering wheel mounted), and the jack in the center console is different (it accepts a cable that functions as a dock connector for the ipod, allowing it to charge while playing music).

I have the stock stereo, and frankly, I'm perfectly happy. I use my ipod all the time. My recommendation is to buy a car charger and RF remote. The combo works great. Plus, it saves several hundred dollars.

4. Alex8181

Alex8181 Administrator

5. Lazania

Lazania New Member

Thats what I figured, thanks. may I ask how many miles do you have on your tc? I was looking around on scionlife and I saw alot of people over there saying they where getting this bottom end noise after 10,000 miles on the new motor :eek: , just wondering b\c It would be really bad if that engine had thoes problems after only 10,000 miles. Of course I dont how it was driven, I mean it could have been beaten or sprayed so who knows.

6. Lazania

Lazania New Member

nice thanks ;), I also think I am swaying strongly to leaving the engine untouched at least untill the warrenty is up. I dont want anyone telling me my warrenty is voided. Although I here one thing you can do it take the parts off , if you keep it simple, like just an intake you can swap it back to stock and bring it to the dealer. Obviously you couldnt do this with everything, but I think Im prolley just going to start with suspension and asthetics, and maybe later on do a few performace upgrades. I do have another car in my sig that I have alot of work into, and thats pretty much the reason why I am looking into a Tc. I have a daily driver right now which is a 92 Mercury Grand Marquee. It runs awsome rides like a cloud, but it has a whole in the gas tank that is invisable lol. So Id like another daily driver , but something thats a little more fun to drive and has some more options as well as style e.t.c. Of course Ill be taking good care of the Tc, but I just dont have plans to go extreme with it. Although its fun I do need it to remain reliable, and pouring money into one car is hard enough I couldnt imagine two lol. Sorry to get off topic, but I guess Id rather not start a new thread. As far as wheels go I would like to get something black with a chrome lip. I think with silver it will look nice. I would defenitly like as wide of a wheel as I can get. I love that look :). Anyone know if you can get 8" wide or more?

7. SPARTAN

SPARTAN Member

Mine is brand new. I got it this last October, I just hit 4000 miles yesterday.

8. deEbLuEtC

deEbLuEtC New Member

the upgrade is great/ i love the buttonss...the volume control and tracking is way better.

9. th3kill3r

th3kill3r New Member

The stock radio is real good, Especailly when you change the ssp to xA. It sounds way better.

10. *Yoshi*Scion.tC*

*Yoshi*Scion.tC* Member

i prefere xb setting with my system stayed stock head unit. going dvd player/screen indash. any one have on? does it fit with the cd player cover??

11. Lazania

Lazania New Member

whats better about the volume and the tracking?

12. deEbLuEtC

deEbLuEtC New Member

the volume and the tracking....its a turning dial...not the < and > buttons which seem to be inconvienent and not smooth to me.... plus it comes with a multi color LCD display!!