Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Squeaking Noise

Discussion in 'Suspension & Brakes' started by BowsertC, Mar 13, 2012.

1. BowsertC

BowsertC New Member

So with all the problems I have had with my car, of coarse they aren't finished with me yet.

I recently just noticed that there is a squeaking sound coming from my car when my car starts driving and when i turn. When i slow down when i brake and when i slow my turns diwn its considerably less noticeable. My car runs and drives perfectly fine though, sounds like its coming from the frame and not affecting the car at all. From the front of the car on both sides. So anything helps

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

My guess would be power steering belt/pump or the serpentine belt. Another thing I would have checked is the A/C Compressor.

3. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

OK, so let's break this down to make some clarifications and fine tune the questioning.

1. In red is the main complaint. There is a squeaking noise that appears when the car begins to move from a presumable stop and when making turns. There was no discernment as to what type of turns, nor has it been established to be on a smooth, rough, or combination, thereof, road surfaces.
    2. More details of the occurrence are listed in yellow with the noise being of a lesser extent when slowing down either by braking or coasting and slowing down in turns.
    3. Lastly, your words in green provide a reference to the location of the noise with it emitting from under the car "...coming from the frame" in front and on both sides.

Now that were are done with all that, the answer is simple. It is all in your head. Your tC is perfect. :) OK, kidding aside, there could be a couple of issues but we need a bit more specific info so here are your questions:

1. Does this happen all of the time? If not, under what circumstances, ie raining, hot, cold, only until the car warms up, etc?
    2. Does any circumstance change the sound, ie rough road, going over bumps, uneven surfaces, into drives, etc? Does it remain constant?
    3. How many miles on your car? How long ago did the noise start? Did it gradually increase in intensity or did it start out at the level that it is today.
    4. Have you driven thru a deep, muddy water puddle? How about a severe pothole or speed bump?
    5. What was the last work or upgrade done on the car?
    6. Is there any uneven tire thread wear? If so, which tires?

I really don't want to speculate too much with out more definitive information.