Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

spoiler/wing advise

Discussion in 'Drive Train' started by cxrey86, Dec 6, 2011.

1. cxrey86

cxrey86 New Member

hi. im new here and i would appreciate a little advise. I want to replace my rear spoiler for the kaminari one but I don’t wanna deal with the holes after I remove the wing I already have in the car. The kaminari wont cover those holes . So my next option is the AIT battle series wing witch it will cover the holes so nobody will see it. The reason why I wanna change it is for a better look. What you guys think?? That pic is my car but without the decals on the hood (got it for 2 days “didn’t like it”) I also have suspension as u can see, cai, trd exhaust, clutch and maybe i was thinking on painting the rims bronze.

Attached Files:

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to Club-tC.com! You have a couple of options, one, buy a new rear hatch. Two, buy a spoiler/wing that lines up w/ those holes from OEM pedestal spoiler. Three, have a body shop fill in the holes, then repaint the hatch. I was fortunate when I bought my o6 tC it didn't come w/ a spoiler/wing. I love the looks of a rear wing/spoiler on the tC's, more aerodynamic, aggressive, styling...etc. I went with an Extreme Dimensions *Sniper* Spoiler.

Car and truck body kits & parts for mx3, s10, SUV, civic, neon, focus, etc.

3. cxrey86

cxrey86 New Member

thank you for replying. so i wont look look with the AIT battle wing? cuz it will go over the hatch so nobody will see the holes under.

Attached Files:

• AIT.jpg
      AIT.jpg
      File size:
      66.9 KB
      Views:
  4. CadenceScion

If you personally like the wing, I say go for it. The only down fall to the higher wings/spoilers is they can restrict your view out the rear window.

5. cxrey86

cxrey86 New Member

thank you. and nice tc by the way.

6. CadenceScion

Thank you and your more than welcome! :)

7. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Looking for advice or to be advise? :)

The Kaminari wing will block alot of your rear view, especially, if you have it in position 3 (full downforce). Unfortunately, the Kaminari end caps mount on the edges of the hatch with 3 screws. The holes that have to be drilled are very difficult to do so. You also have to have the end caps painted. They need to be done professionally as it is a major ordeal to remove the end caps. The cheap and easy would be to use body plugs to cover your existing pedestal mount holes. There are some low-profile ones that can be found at auto-body supply shops and some auto parts stores. I am about to replace mine for an APR GT-200 that, like everything else, I have had sitting on a shelf for a couple of years. I have been waiting for a CF hatch before I replace which is waiting on a Lexan rear glass, but with no shop and no capital, it has to wait.

8. cxrey86

cxrey86 New Member

thank you all for the advise.