Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Spark plug gaps for Nitrous?

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide (NOS)' started by TC3, Jul 27, 2011.

1. TC3

TC3 New Member

Just recently installed a nitrous kit on my car and have the plugs on my hand but not sure what gaps should I set them to. The place where I bought them said to set them 0.044" which is OEM gaps but the ZEX kit installation manual recommends 0.030" - 0.035". All I know is I have to get atleast one step colder coz I'm only running 55 shot and not using it all the time. I'd like to know the right for it and this is my daily driving car also and wanna make sure the gap won't hurt the car when I'm not using the nitrous. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I would call ZEX directly or call SummitRacing Equipment or JEGS and ask to talk to a Tech, those guys know their stuff and can answer just about any question you throw them.

3. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Since I have never been bottle fed, I am not sure of the appropriate answer. Are you running a dry or wet kit. Running one step colder is to prevent pre-ignition as the oxidizer will lean out your air/fuel mix. I would think that a wet kit would be able to run safely on the OEM gap/temp. Running one step colder is going to make your combustion slightly rich so your ECM should cut fuel which will down your power when N/A and not juiced. Take Cadence's advice and call the experts.

4. TC3

TC3 New Member

Thank you guys for the help and advices. I actually called ZEX and NGK and tried to compare their answers to my questions. They both did but the ZEX made more sense so I went from their advices which is 0.040" and so far so good. Been only couple days and I'm only second bottle already. Hahaha. Loving this simple mod. Anyways, thanks again for taking the time replying to this thread. CadenceScion was right, you guys ( Navelife59 & CadenceScion ) are the best. Thank you so much.

5. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

You're more than welcome, keep the mods coming and please feel free to shoot myself or NavyLife59 any questions you have. :)