Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Scion tc performance headers

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by test, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Jay666

Jay666 Member

You can also buy the CEL Elimator from Weapon R. They make it specifically for this.

It comes with their header, which I have had on my TC for about a year and a half. (Don't remember if you pay extra for it WITH the header, but I got it when I got the header and the header is threaded for this to fit in it already. Pretty simple).

To me, it was a toss up between the DC and the Weapon R based on all the Dyno results for the two. These two were at the top of all results. I opted for the Weapon R (although a bit more expensive I think) because of the fact that it is ready to go with the CEL eliminator.

Very easy and no messing around. Just remove OEM header and heat sheild (had to un-bolt radiator and lift it up a bit), install aftermarket header to aftermarket exhaust and screw in the little CEL eliminator. It seemed easier to me to just get the Weapon R header because it comes with the CEL eliminator and already has a hole threaded for this.

Weapon R Header:
    Weapon*R Racing Development

But, as I said, if you put it on seprarately, you can get the CEL from them separately. I think they are the only company that "officially" produce this simple little device.

CEL Eliminator:
    Weapon*R Racing Development

PS, their Secret Weapon Ram Air Intake is pretty rad too. To my knowledge, this is the only aftermarket intake mass produced that is specifically designed to work with the super charger. I had to remove my CAI when switching to super charger and was bummed. Then I found their ram air intake, which still allows you to have an aftermarket intake to coincide with the SC. I know people like Navy have custom fabbed similar devices, but Weapon R actually produces this little gem.

Secret Weapon:
    http://weapon-r.com/english/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5359

2. StreetBrawler89

StreetBrawler89 Member

That intake is amazing for factory S/C cars, the best you can get without doing it custom. Opens up the door to new pulleys and more boost which i always a good thing.

3. Jay666

Jay666 Member

Yup. I have the aftermarket pulleys to go along with it. Especially the SC pulley. Very pleased with the whole set up.

Although I am thinking of switching to turbo before summer is over LOL.

4. ACE-tC

ACE-tC Member

i just wanted to say i love living in nevada cause there are no test for your car! im totally catless as well and i love my car which btw i will finally be putting up pics this weekend. sorry its been taking too long but i wanted to wait until its done being assembled lol but i figure id put up what i got now and just post more as i fix it up. oh an navy have you played the new maps for mw2? gotta check it out

5. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

6. Jay666

Jay666 Member

That explains why Magnaflow has a reputation for systems that have a nice quieter tone but with equal or even more power.

Good read.

7. navylife59

That is true about them. I wish I had their laminar flow equations to tune my own. Another aspect about MagnaFlow products though is that they are rather plain looking.

8. Jay666

Jay666 Member

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Several of the reasons I did not choose the Magnaflow at first were:

A.price

B. aesthetics

C. I didn't know enough about brand names a year and a half ago

I went with Megan because it was nice looking and right in the middle of price. Now I want to switch to Megan because of the tone they have and because they are just a much better brand.

The Megan is surprisingly good, but I do want to switch. But it's last on a long laundry list of things I am doing on my car.

9. navylife59

You got lucky with the Megan junk. Their s-pipe and headers were dreadfully horrible.

10. Jay666

Jay666 Member

Yeah, so I have heard. I didn't know any better back then honestly. But for real, the exhaust has been fine. Not a single complaint. Fit was great, looks nice (as you can see in my pic from my ride post), no rust, sounds good...

I guess my only complaint is that it is too damn loud. It has a nice low, mean and nasty sound, but man, it's just way too loud. Especially from what I have experienced when driving a car with a Magnaflow comparatively.

I know Megan is crap, but this thing has been more than sufficient. At least until I have the extra $$ to dump into a mod that I have already spent $$ on. I'm too busy putting my money into other mods right now LOL.

11. navylife59

If it works it works so do what works for you.

12. VegasTC

VegasTC New Member

What about the Raceland header it's a 4-1 with an s-pipe for around $188.00, not a bad price imo.

13. navylife59

Spend your money wisely and get the 4-2-1 WR Header that comes with an s-pipe. Way better quality, looks, and bang for the buck.

14. RayRay

RayRay New Member

Yeah so i just went ahead and bought the weapon R 4-2-1 headers ha cool thing is i got um brand new in the box for $440. I love ebay. <3 Sooo ill be the ginny pig on this one and ill let everyone know my take on the part after i recieve it and get it in. also im running a catback system and a CAI so we shall see if this adds as much as we have heard it does. My name is Raymond btw (Ray for short.) im pretty new to the site but not to my car. check out my profile leave me msg's id like to get to kno everyone.

15. j0nes

j0nes New Member

Anyone heard anything about the Agency Power exhaust? I havent heard a thing about them, but figured it's an awesome company based on most of the parts they produce are for higher end cars like Porsches.

16. RayRay

RayRay New Member

Well I ordered the weapon R 4-2-1 headers like 2 days ago, so ill be able to shed some light on our gray area about the rumors . I did the research and decided that Weapon R seemed like the best choice due to feedback from other drivers that are currently running them. sure, your gonna find your problems in every brand but remember to take the good with the bad and look at the gains.

17. Jay666

Jay666 Member

I liked my Weapon R header a lot when I still had my TC. Good luck to you both!

18. navylife59

Whad' up Jay? How ya been?

19. Jay666

Jay666 Member

Good, man! How 'bout you? I tried to PM you yesterday but apparently you need to clean up your mail box LOL.

20. navylife59

Ya, I know. I was getting nasty grams to my personal account. Doing about the same. Have not had much time to work on my cars.