Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

S Pipe question

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by austinasto, Feb 14, 2011.

1. austinasto

austinasto New Member

hello, im looking into getting a s pipe for my tc, and just wondering. is a spipe really worth it. I have I/H/E but no spipe. will it even make a defference in performance and sound?
    also im thinking about getting an aftermarket mid pipe also. is that really worth it as far as sound and performance?

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

They will change your sound and flow, which is always good. Just don't buy anything from Megan. Another option is to have an exhaust shop custom make you one, which is what I am going to do in a few months. A lot of other Scion owners are using Invidia. Its totally your choice whether or not you buy one prefab or have a shop custom make/mandrel bend you one.

Another suggestion to consider is buying an aftermarket resonator. With a header your exhaust is going to be raspy, replacing the OEM resonator w/ a Moroso Spiral Flow or one Magnaflow, the rasp will be lessened, smoother and more tuned. The longer the resonator, the less rasp.

3. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

The OEM s-pipe is one the most restrictive parts of the entire exhaust system after that of the 2 catalytic converters. Replacing with 2.25" mandrel bent s-pipe can smooth out the gas flow for more efficiency. Having this piece custom made will allow you to get it tucked in better if your car is lowered. S-Pipe wrap.jpg
    Custom made 2.5" SS s-pipe with flex coupling and DEI wrapped (Jotech)
    OEM s-pipe.jpg OEM s-pipe - collector end.jpg
    OEM s-pipe displaying restrictions to exhaust gas flow.

Attached Files: