Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Road Racing the tC **PIX & VIDEO** +100mph legally =)

Discussion in 'Autocrossing and Road Racing' started by Xero187, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Xero187

Xero187 Member

Well I finally made it to a road course. Finally, I put the turbo and the many supporting mods to use... and they worked amazing!

This 8 hour Road Course School at E-Town was the most fun I've had driving. We started out with brief instruction on the turn in point, the apex, and the turnout point. Smoothness was stressed, and ego's were told to be checked at the door.

The first exercise was follow the lead vehicle (the schools pickup truck) at a slow speed around the course (max ~50mph).

After that we broke into two heats (groups). We did follow the leader again. The lead car was a students car with an instructing on the right seat. While setting the pace he received instruction from an experienced race car driver. Every time we got the main straightaway the second car would leave the line to the left and slow down joining the tail end of the line. We did this exercise several times with sessions lasting about 15 - 20min.

After lunch it became open track with passing allowed on the 2 straightaways after the passing driver had confirmation from the car to be passed. If the slower driver did not recognize the faster car on his tail, the flagger used a special flag to signify "let the car behind you pass." [people were waving at me all day LOL :) lots of passing]

On the main straightaway I achieved speeds of 100mph before I shut it down to begin slowing for the next turn to avoid smashing into the not so friendly looking wall. I believe my buddy whose pushing way more power achieved a top speed of 106mph. It was scary, yet addicting. Especially so was the steeply banked turn after the main straight (16 degrees felt like alot).

Here are some pictures for your delight as well as a youtube video compiled by my Evo X driving friend!

Road Racing Turbo tC Video

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

I gotta say it. Man those tC's look dam sweet on a roadcourse! The Scions were definately faster than the EVO. Better tires and upgraded brake components and you would have left him in the corners too. Great work.

It appears that you doubled up you pics. I would like to remove the duplicates.

3. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

I spy two turbo TC's...Very nice. As per another thread, 17'' wheels are for performance. That's why both of those cars are still on the stockies :D

4. Xero187

Xero187 Member

Thanks! If there are any duplicates that was my mistake!

Faster than the EVO? Hell yes. Couple hundred pounds lighter. My tC -the black 300whp/325wtq... my friends blue tc 400whp/380wtq VS. EVO X @ 230whp/ 240wtq maybe? EVO 9 Slightly modified probably similar...

Ha no contest on this one!

And the turns? I PaWnED them both... although with the right driver in the EVO X even the EVO 9 shiiit it would be tough I suppose.

Both tC's are rocking Tein SSP Coilovers, sways, strut brace, upgraded endlinks, Wilwood Big brakes, SS brake lines, Motul RBF 600 brake fuild... race brake pads...etc...

So much fun... I hope more tC's will join us next season!:driving:

5. Xero187

Xero187 Member

Did I mention I was on the tail of a stock 2008 STi the last session I did? He seemed to be driving the hell out of it! In the corners he seemed to have me!

6. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Sweet. Let us know when the next race is. If we can get enough heads-up, then more Members might be able to make it, including me.

7. travis1041

travis1041 Member

Sweet that looks like a lot of fun. I would love to do that. :driving:

8. tokenride04

tokenride04 New Member

clean TCs for sure the black one looks sick

9. Xero187

Xero187 Member

Thanks bro! I buyin' her NT01 slicks and RPF1's for this season. Should be a sweet combo.

10. Xero187

Xero187 Member

W00T!
    August 9th 2009 Road Course School

The track was wet at first, and I loved it. I haven't been on a race track in the rain before.

I ran with the school during the first part of the day just for giggles. It turned out to be a nice way to warm up. After that I was able to run in 2 open track heats until my turbo started to giving me warning signs of an impending failure.

R.I.P. Turbonetics Turbo, my first Turbo love!

For your viewing pleasure!

Road Course @ E-Town August 9th 2009 Turbo Scion tC passing Vette + STi and tailing worked EVO on Vimeo

YouTube - Road Course @ E-Town August 9th 2009 Turbo Scion tC

Scion tC catches Corvette @ Road Course @ E-Town August 9th 2009 on Vimeo

YouTube - Scion tC goes after Vette E-Town Road Course 8/9/09

NA tC tearin' it up! It was his first time road coursing and he caught on fast!
    Road Course @ E-Town August 9th 2009 Scion tC NA w/ Suspension Mods on Vimeo