Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Rear Sway Bar Play/Leaking Right Rear Endlink

Discussion in 'Suspension & Brakes' started by aarias298, Apr 6, 2013.

1. aarias298

aarias298 Member

Hey all, So I been having rear suspension noise and I just got a chance to jack the car up. I played around with the suspension parts to check for any loose parts and damaged boots. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until i grabbed the sway bar and shook it from left to right. The sway bar moves as if to just be sitting in the the bushings and is loose. The right rear end link is leaking grease from both top and bottom connection points. The rear left is fine. So my question is, is the play in the sway bar due to the damaged end link? I plan on replacing the damaged one, should i go ahead and replace the other side to or just the damaged one? Could the play in the bar be the bushings them self that the bar sits in? Im going to try and post a video i took from my iphone to see if it helps clear up what I'm talking about.

Let me know what your suggestions are. Thanks!!!

UPDATE: I REPLACED THE TWO BUSHINGS ON THE SWAYBAR AND THE NOISE IS GONE. IF YOU HAVE SIMILAR NOISE COMING FROM THE REAR, CHECK THE BUSHINGS BEFORE JUMPING TO OTHER CONCLUSIONS.