Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Pre 08 Scion Head Lights.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aarias298, Dec 15, 2011.

1. aarias298

aarias298 Member

Hey ladies and gents.

So the other day my neighbor gave me a pair of head lights for a scion. He said his son used to have a TC and had extra headlights from when he had an accident of some sort. He gave me the headlights thinking i had the same model TC. I have to 08 projectors. These are the ones that came on the TC originally before the new 08 TC came out. Not sure how to tell if there the original OEM headlights or possibly aftermarket . Was thinking of putting them up on ebay but i wouldn't feel ok about selling something that wasn't going to work. Any suggestions on how to tell if these headlights are legit? If anyone needs some headlights let me know i checked them out and there in very good condition. Just a nice clean with a wet rag would do the trick.

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

To identify an OEM headlight from a knock-off, look on the bottom corners of the headlights, there will be a DOT Serial Number and the word (Koito).

3. aarias298

aarias298 Member

The right headlight as a bunch of thing on it. But i do see where is says DOT. If i read it from the turning signal to the middle (Left to Right) it reads. HB4 VOL then huge space in between then it says. EE-TY805 EAGLE EYES HB3 SAE HRAIPP2 03 DOT R

The left headlight reads as follows from the inner light out to the turning signal (Left to right) TYC 20-6690 DOT HB3 HB4 VOL

Im not sure if any of that mumbo jumbo helps. But by the looks of how different the numbers are, im guessing there not legit.

4. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

The lights sound like they are DOT approved but not the original OEM head lights. If you like the lights, go ahead and use them, or get yourself a set of original OEM Scion tC headlights. I personally like the 08-10 Scion tC headlights compared to the 05-07 headlights. The earlier ones use a reflector and the newer style's are a projector, much cleaner beam of light that doesn't scatter.

5. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Eagle Eyes known for looking great out of the box but turning to crap sometime after. I know, I have a set of that junk. Stay with your OEM projectors. Are yours damaged or looking for something different?

6. aarias298

aarias298 Member

Thanks for all the help guys.

Navy, im not looking to use them someone just gave them to me thinking i could use them. I was actually interested in selling them on ebay, but there not OEM headlights. I just have them sitting at home now taking up space.

7. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Can you post up a pict?

8. aarias298

aarias298 Member

Right Front Headlight.jpg Right Back Headlight.jpg Left Front Headlight.jpg Left Back Haedlight.jpg

These are some photos of both the front and back of both headlights. Let me know if you want pictures of specific parts.