Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Nitrous question...

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide (NOS)' started by JdmTc, Sep 21, 2007.

1. StreetBrawler89

StreetBrawler89 Member

I stand corrected, mainly I was worried about left over pressure from the extra boost and colder air causing excessive play on his valves during WOT and causing them to wiggle, didnt know it was a sound problem that caused float.

2. Wrestlerduncan

Wrestlerduncan New Member

Question do you need to build up an engine for nos and what is a piggy back?

3. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

It is not sound reflections but vibrational distortions in the molecular structure that can cause micro-fissures in the nodules of the metal and ultimately lead to failure. Compressor surge is not going to damage the valve-train as the TB is closed. It is the amplitude wave reflective by the TB butterfly that crashes into the compressor impeller that can cause damage. You should have no worries about valve-float at all. Toyota tunes their motors very conservatively. I am blasting away at 15PSI and smack the rev limiter all the time (especially 1st) with no problems.

It all depends on how much your wanting to juice that baby? Common accepted safe limits are 50HP dry shot max on 91-93 Octane pump gas. 75HP max on wet nitrous kits. Piggybacks are generally not needed with most of the advance wet nitrous kits. The better kits come with controllers that can stage shots and offer RPM window activation and safety shutdown. OF course, they require 91-93 Octane fuel