Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

need some info on a short ram intake

Discussion in 'Engine Performance' started by mikeman030888, Mar 6, 2010.

1. mikeman030888

mikeman030888 New Member

Hi guys
    I needed some info on a short ram intake on this web site called customtc.com they have a short ram intake for like 125 for mmy 2007 scion tc its an awsome price but the company that makes it I've never herd of they are called bombz any one else ever here of this company? And any reviews on the quality of there stuff?

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I have bought several items from CustomtC.com. They are out of Liverpool, NY which is about an hours drive from where I live and Bomz is a good cold-air intake. As I have said before on here, all cold-air intakes are made the same. The tubes are made of aircraft aluminum and the filters are the same as well, except K&N which uses a oil treated filter. I bought my black powder-coated upper and lower grilles, dome light LED's and vent grilles from CustomtC and love their products.

3. mikeman030888

mikeman030888 New Member

thanx 4 the info

Alright awsome ill get 1 when I get payed thanx 4 the info

4. CadenceScion

Your more than welcome my friend and always glad to help when I can. When you get the CAI, post up some pics. Any other questions you have, just ask!

Take Care =)

5. mikeman030888

mikeman030888 New Member

word

Word will do I about 2 post the pics of her stock I just bought her this Monday so I still gettin used 2 it, its a major upgrade from my cutlass ceria s that i was drivin 4 like 5 yrs so the seats r even diff in this tc but I gotta say this ride is the best investment I've ever had this car is kinda like a project car for me and my dad along with my main mode of transportation my pops has been workin on engins and stuff sence he was like 15 so hopefully this will turn out 2 b a nice ass car with in a couple of years

6. CadenceScion

No matter what mods or whatever your taste is, I have no doubt that your tC will look sick. I would like to pass along to you this, ScionPro.com is offering a once in a life time to own a limited edition Aston Martin Hood for the Scion tC. The comes in Fiberglass and Carbon Fiber and will have a badge on it simular to the Scion tC RS Release. The hoods will have a full function air scoop and air vents to let heat escape. Stop by SCIONPRO.COM | Official Website and checkout the hoods and the pictures, you may want to consider this as one of your mods.

7. mikeman030888

mikeman030888 New Member

Damn ill most deff consider it thanx alot

8. mtnbk

mtnbk New Member

You'd like a ram intake?
    Replace the "cap" on the lower left "air scoop" just below the bumper with a grille. Attach or create a plastic chamber behind it. Replace the OEM snorkle from the lower air filter box with a 2-1/2" shop vac hose leading down to the intake air chamber. Add a 1-1/2" shop vac hose next to it if you'd like (I did). Now remove the sound buffer from the air filter box's upper half.

You'll have cold air rammed in with significantly lower restriction and a 93% increased flow capacity. I did this and the performance difference at speed is amazing. And the cost was about $68 total.

9. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds interesting. Post up some picts please.

10. mtnbk

mtnbk New Member

Unfortunately I'm unable to. I can discuss physics until my toung bleeds, but I'm really not very good with this newfangled internet technology.