Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

need info for hatch glass

Discussion in 'Paint and Body' started by koch28328, Dec 30, 2010.

1. koch28328

koch28328 Member

I had a recent incident involving the vandalism of my car. My back hatch was smashed with a brick, and the window was damaged. The original color of the hatch glass was solid black, the same color as the sun-roof. A tech later came out and replaced the glass.....but with the wrong tint to it. This tint was GREEN! It did not match any other part of the car.I would like to know the name of the original hatch glass tint and where I can find another like it. It was not the factory vinyl tint.

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I would give the dealership a call or look on your other pieces of glass for the manufacturer, they may also know what the tint percentage would be.

3. koch28328

koch28328 Member

the oem glass is clear with a green tint,the aftermarket is the same. the glass that came on my scion when i bought it new came smoked liked the sun roof. the glass does not have vinyl tint that was a option, the tint is in the glass and came new that way.the dealer was no help and scion.com said that info was for dealers only.

4. koch28328

koch28328 Member

5 days and only 1 reply where is navy and redneck?

5. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, this was posted in a section that I don't peruse much. There are no options for a smoked glass for any of the windows. The roof glass does appear to be smoked to block direct UV rays but the glass is the same in all tC's. Not sure how or why you ended up with a smoked hatch. Are you the only owner of the car? Is it possible that the glass was broke before and replaced with an aftermarket glass that was designed incorrectly to be smoked?