Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

need a little less noise and more low end

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by e246, Apr 10, 2009.

1. e246

e246 Member

Well i love my setup the way it is its just a lil too loud and i hate with headers how it seems like you are racing when taking off cus the loss of low end.. My setup is megan headers, injen cai, agency power exhaust, and individia s pipe, with a aero 25 resonater.. I was wondering if i get a agency crank pulley will that help gain low end back or will it be the same sound like im racing to take off lol, and would a cat help reduce noise?? Also i thinks its just cus the setup didnt gain enough to help up there but from 80mph and above the car didnt really seem to get any faster accell. wise, does the pulley help up there at all?? thanks

2. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

I'm sorry, but I'm lost. What exactly are you asking?

3. allenxtc

allenxtc New Member

I ve had the problem with the straight pipe exhaust, I m currently on megan OE-RS, but used the HKS hi-power for a while. I can feel a big difference on the low end torque and power. IMO, i think the crosspipe exhaust gives u more low end torque. Also, another reason i take off my HKS is a modified exhaust ticket, and the interior noise... lol its really annoying and hurts my ear. I believe HKS prob the loudest, and agency power is pretty loud too. IMO, maybe u shud get another exhaust. I heard tanabe medallion touring, magnaflow make a very good exhaust and do give power. My megan OE-RS is quiet with a header + s-pipe n 2 resonators, but the only thing is the quality. It only has 4000 miles on it, but turned out nasty rattling noise. Maybe I m just in bad luck. Anyways, I would suggest you to get a new exhaust instead of spending money on highflow cat, silencers n stuff. But it just all my oppinion. Btw, u can always sell ur agency axle I believe. Good luck!

4. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

IMO, upgrading the OEM CAT's to a high-flow would be a good idea, less restriction over OEM. I would also upgrade your (Crank, Alt and Water Pump Pulley) w/ either NST (Non Stop Tuning or Agency-lite weight ONLY!), RPM's will climb faster and will help with gain some more HP. As others on here will tell you as well as our Moderator, Megan isn't the greatest of quality. Keep the aftermarket resonator, since I have my whole exhaust left to get done in the next month or so. I also wouldn't go no bigger than 2.50'' in diameter w/ your exhaust piping.

I would also suggest going Magnaflow w/ the exhaust and either DC Sport, Weapon-R, Strup, or Alphawerks for the header and have it Jet-Coated from Jet-Hot.com. My DC Sport was done by them and amazing work, quality, and fully warrantied.

* (4-1) Low-Mid Range
    * (4-2-1) Mid-High Range

5. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

No bad luck, Megan Racing is just cheap junk. Everyone that has ever had a MR header has had the catalytic in the header come apart (rattle). A glasspack muffler could be used as a resonator or replace the HKS muffler.