Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

My turbo RS1.0 dyno run, time slip,& videos.....

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by 05rs1, Aug 20, 2014.

1. 05rs1

05rs1 New Member

I got tuned a couple weeks ago and went to the track yesterday. I broke the passenger side axle twice. The MPH is there for a 10 second pass but my 60ft was horrible. last year I ran 11.4 @121.5 mph with a 1.75 60ft. If i got my 60ft back down to 1.75 yesterday we would have seen a 10 second pass. I guess there's always next time. But it will be awhile, our daughter will be born around 4 weeks from now so that is definatley more important. But next track day I know what needs to be done to hit my goal....
    here is my 11.1 pass. wasn't worring about reaction time, just the ET
    turbo tc - YouTube
    here's the link to my first 11 second pass last year which was 11.6 and the pass after that was 11.4 but my friend didn't get to record it. The driver of the Nissan is my Tuner. That's a bad ALL MOTOR Sentra, He hit 10.88 that day.
    Brian's Scion tC turbo. 11.6 - YouTube

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Good run on you pass. Work on that traction. Are you running an open down pipe? I heard that "backfire" sound in your exhaust when you launched which is turbulence on the exhaust gas flow while the turbo spools up. You need some restriction to build up the energy in the turbine at the lower RPM levels. At the point when the turbine and the energy in the exhaust gases reaches entropy, then an unrestricted straight pipe will manage the flow in a less turbulent manner. If your motor was at a constant RPM like WWII aircraft engines then an open dump into the airstream would be best but your engine is changing RPMs as you launch and shift gears.