Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

my ride.

Discussion in 'Member Rides' started by mar-spec, Nov 15, 2010.

1. mar-spec

mar-spec Member

Here are some current pics of my 06 tc work in progress track car.
    current mods:
    Injen cai
    Megan cat back (painted jet back)
    badgless grills
    partially stripped interior(rear seat and no stereo equip)
    partially dressed up engine bay and interior molding (wip, desiding how far I want to take this since it will be a track car, but still a partial daily driver, I use the wife's car if at all possible for long distance stuff, which is also a Tc :))

Attached Files:

2. mar-spec

mar-spec Member

More pics

IMG_4006.jpg IMG_4011.jpg IMG_4003.jpg IMG_4008.jpg IMG_4010.jpg IMG_4004.jpg
    here are some more pics.

3. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Red to the Corp I see. :)

Good paint on the axle-back. It does give it a stealthy look. I noticed that the exhaust opening in your rear bumper is damaged by the Megan. Fellow member Mengsta sells a C12 carbon fiber exhaust opening guard for the rear valence in his online store. He does not have it posted on the sight right now but he can still get the part. You can give him a buzz. http://www.mengmotorsports.com.

Have you seen our weight loss formula threads? http://www.club-tc.com/forums/tc-knowledgebase/4540-weights-commonly-replaced-components.html Weight loss can be free and easy. I suggest that you get some OBX or similar pedal covers as the OEM can be slippery. Missed pedals in a race can be disastrous.

You have a nice looking tC. Have fun getting her the way you want.

4. mar-spec

mar-spec Member

Actually I have checked out the weight loss threads, and I do have a question, the counter weights, you state their location, but even after about 10 minutes of looking around under the hood, i couldn't find any of the motor mount weights etc and I didn't want to just start screwing with stuff. So, I was wondering if maybe, time allowing, you could provide some pics, or give me some help finding these and i'll post some pics so others can find them better. I'm no mechanic, so I'm learning everything as I go and buying what I need to do the job as I go, so any and all help is very much appreciated.
    The rear bumper damage is actually no fault of the exhuast, that happened when I was adjusting the height of the canister to avoid bottoming out and had it practically resting up against the bumper, until I did this there was absolutely no damage, and it hasn't gotten worse since I lowered it a little. user error as most would say, and this being my first attempt at a do it myself track car, I assume there will be more scars to come lol.

5. navylife59

ENGINE MOUNTS-32.jpg
    These weights look like round donuts. There are the 2 depicted in the middle pict that are on the mount in front of the master cylinder. The forward mount that is down low between the engine and radiator has one on each side. They are attached by 10mm bolts.

6. mar-spec

mar-spec Member

Doh!!!

OOOOHHHhhh, lol I looked right at those and thought" hmmm maybe it's these things.....nah can't be that obvious" lol, thanks man, now I have more work to look forward too for tomorrow. I'll try and remember to get pics so it's easier for the next amateur :idgi: hehehe. Thanks again man.

7. navylife59

No probs. Every little bit counts.

8. x3Eclipse

x3Eclipse New Member

Nice job on the interior. ;)

9. jdmdc213

jdmdc213 New Member

keep up the good work... looking good