Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

My first Auto X!

Discussion in 'Autocrossing and Road Racing' started by justplayxtragic, Apr 15, 2009.

1. justplayxtragic

justplayxtragic Member

So I have my first Auto X, both watching and racing on Saturday, April 18. It's going to be at Summit Point, WV. I am BEYOND excited. One of my best friends is going to be racing too. We're meeting up with some of our buddies from PTuning down there. As time gets closer though, we're both getting really nervous. All we've done is watch you tube videos. Anyone have any suggestions that may help us out? I guess I should also throw it out there that my tC is bone stock and her Jetta is lowered. Yay for being broke and not having money to do stuff to your car yet!

2. Nathanr.6168

Nathanr.6168 Member

most important thing is always to have fun right?

3. chyz-dad

chyz-dad Member

Having fun is the most important part.....

As far as advice...watch your breaking into the corners while turning, it can push you in towards the turn to much. Maintain your breaking thru about 2/3 of the turn release and then apply the gas as you exit the turn....

Timing is very crucial when running AutoX. Ur breaking and acceleration have to be dead on.

Oh btw u have an auto. or man.

Just try not to run like the big boys/girls who have suspension mods and engine mods done....

Again just have fun...oh and take plenty of pics or vid if you can....NOT WHILE DRIVING THOUGH

4. justplayxtragic

justplayxtragic Member

Yeah the most important thing it to have fun, that's a given!

chyz-dad, I drive a 5spd. Thank you for the advice, I'm sure it will come in handy! I plan on taking as many videos and pics as my memory card will allow =) ... I'll let my friend take pictures of me while I'm driving. If I remember correctly, there were two, maybe three other tCs attending this one. For some reason, there were TONS of Miatas though.

5. chyz-dad

chyz-dad Member

Okay how did it go????

PICS????? VID?????

6. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

I read in another thread where she mentioned her tC got wrecked with debris and has a bunch of nicks and marks...

Hope you had fun tho!!!

7. justplayxtragic

justplayxtragic Member

Ok so it was absolutely amazing. There is another auto cross on May 9 at the same place. However, I have final exams, final papers, AND no money. Plus my best friend (the Jetta owner) is now having some problems so I probably won't go cos we're each other's co-pilots. I never left 2nd gear. I have some pictures up on Facebook that I was tagged in but I don't know how to upload videos or photos here.

8. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

I posted in the post whore thread telling you how to put pic on the site. You're welcome.

9. justplayxtragic

justplayxtragic Member

Thank you Jamie. You rock.

10. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

Thanks, babe. I know.

11. justplayxtragic

justplayxtragic Member

I think I will sit on the internet and upload tons of pictures, including the ones from the auto cross sometime this week.

12. Xero187

Xero187 Member

Congrats on your first AutoX!
    :party: