Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

MengMotorsports.com New Online Store!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Mengsta, May 15, 2009.

1. Mengsta

Mengsta <font color="#fb7014"><b>Club-tC Supporting Vendor Staff Member

MengMotorsports.com New Online Store! Low Low Prices!

Hello everyone,

I hope everybody had a good mothers day weekend.

My name is Tony and I have been an owner of a TC for quite some time. I have also been on club-tc as well as other forums trying to help owners to the best of my ability.

I noticed that this site does not have a loyal store to purchase products from. I would like to announce a new online store that I am representing. We offer almost everything available part for scions in the aftermarket industry and we are constantly growing our inventory. All our prices are at the lowest possible price. Since we are mainly representing club-tc, you guys will of course receive extra discounts when available. We offer all the simple bolt-ons to nitrous and turbo kits. We even offer a full line up of lighting including LED bulbs and HID kits that are simple to install and have amazing light output.

I have spoken to JRW via email and he has given me permission to announce the store. The Sponsored Vendor thread seems like its not working so I guess I'll have to post on here for now. Mods are welcome to move this thread at anytime.

New products will be added regularly. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions regarding our products.

Current sale we are having is for the K&N Typhoon intake box. It is fully smog and CARB legal because it retains the upper portion of the intake box. Maximum performance is still achieved. Code: clubtc for $20 off.

Meng Motorsports

:welcome:

2. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

I took a look. Very nice. I'm sure I'll be getting something from there...

3. Mengsta

Thank you Redneck. Within a few weeks the site will go through a lot of changes. About 100 new parts will be added by June. Regardless of any changes, all payments will be secure through paypal and items will still be quickly shipped out.

A few items that we are highly promoting are LED's. I've noticed alot of people had mentioned that they are unhappy with the amber interior map lights. The 194 LEDS we carry are very bright and shine with a vibrant light. Most manufacturers might say that LEDs in general are brighter than halogens, BUT they are NOT. LEDS are popular because of the lower energy consumption and the ability to shine vibrant colors. The lumens are typically lower compared to halogens. However, the 194's we carry are comparable to halogens. If you guys really want something brighter, your best bet is to purchase those LED boards that are filled with like 20 LEDS.

We will be adding LED boards and 31mm Festoons (for the rear map lights) sometime soon. And as always our prices are way lower than most stores.

Meng Motorsports

-Tony

4. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for those

5. Mengsta

Lip Kits

Just added the five axis lip kits!

I wish everyone a good weekend! Very nice weather in my area.

Meng Motorsports

-Tony

6. Mengsta

7. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart Member

heyy.. you got everything up and running now eh?
    nice dude!

8. Mengsta

Thanks man! Yeah everything is all up and running securely. We still gotta work on adding more parts, but atleast the store is up.

Maybe now I'll have more time to hang out with you guys. :party:

9. Mengsta

Our full GReddy lineup has just been added onto the website! All Greddy parts are at the lowest price we can offer!

10. Mengsta

Visit our store! All products are at low prices!

We just added our full lineup of HKS products for Scion Vehicles!

11. Mengsta

Just added Lowering Springs at low prices!

12. Mengsta

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

13. Mengsta

Holiday weekend is coming! Hope everyone has fun.

Our website also has many new products added. Visit us often!

14. Mengsta

We just added Magnaflow! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday and an even greater holiday that's coming up.

15. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Good Product.

16. Mengsta

Glad to know you like it NAvy!

Tokico struts have been added!

17. navylife59

18. Mengsta

Good Question Navy,

I'll try my best to explain. Yes, being in the HID industry I am very familiar with the In's - out's and the pro's and Con's of different kits. The kits we sell now are most definitely NOT the first manufacturer we signed with. We have worked with countless different manufacturers to finally come to the perfect set, which are the ones we sell now.

Yes I beleive those kits he sells are 50W, because it wouldn't be right if he claims they are 50W, but in actuality they are not. Most ballasts would have a label stating the specs. 50W ballasts actually aren't new, they just aren't really sold by most stores due to a couple reasons.
    -The cost is higher, how does that ebay seller get it so cheap? I would love to know. Most ebay powersellers aren't even licensed businesses with the correct license and paperwork, so becareful who you buy from; especially if they claim to be a store.
    -The lifetime isn't as reliable as 35W (from what I tested). The only pro is that they are slightly brighter, but the negatives outweight the slight increase in brightness.
    -I'm pretty sure 50W kits don't really use different bulbs, there might be a slight difference, but I'm not totally sure. The MAIN difference is just the ballasts. 50W ballasts of course requires more input than 35W, so the bulbs are forced to produce more output due to the increase of power.
    -If you do want 50W kits, go ahead and try them. We've had a few customers that had 50W kits and never had problems =). Although, those same customers did go with our 35W kits on their other vehicles and claimed that they didn't really notice a difference. If you do buy 50W kits, make sure you buy from a reputable dealer that follows up on customer complaints and returns.

Best Regards!

Tony Khauv

19. navylife59

Thanks for the info Tony. Do you not offer 50W kits? I remember being in from of a jacked up, custom E350 Ford pickup that had HIDs in the headlamps and on the bumper light bar. They were bright like normal HIDs then all of a sudden they became insanely bright. I mean insane like the landing lights on a commerical jet liner. The light flooded my car. The road was literally lit up like daytime. They would cycle from bright to normal about every 30~45 seconds. I could only surmized that the ballasts were over heating and shutting down. Could these have been Bi-Xenon HIDs?

One more question. How reliable are H3 HID bulbs? I am looking to upgrade my driving projectors.

20. Mengsta

No we do not offer 50W kits because we believe 35W kits are more effective price and quality wise.

As for the E350, I wouldn't know exactly what he has. Well having HIDs in the headlamps AND in the bumper bar would result in SUPER brightness. If he had HIDs in the headlamps and in the light bar than I'm assuming he would have had 4 or more lamps shining. Four HIDs are definitely super bright to begin with, plus if he was in a lifted truck, the beam would of course shine a bit further. As for the cycling, I really wouldn't know haha. New ballasts (digital) wouldn't cycle between settings, it would just regulate to a steady reliable output. Bi-xenon kits have nothing to do with brightness, from my knowledge bi-xenon kits are just kits that switch between Hi AND Low beam. For example; Hondas use size H4 bulbs. These bulbs have the Low AND Hi beam together in one single bulb. A regular H4 HID kit would have the low beam HID while a separate halogen bulb is attached next to it for the Hi-beam setting. Bi-xenon basically is BOTH hi and low HID in one bulb. When you choose the hi-beam setting, the bi-xenon bulb literally raises higher to increase the angle of the bulb, thus a hi-beam.

H3 HID bulbs are just as reliable as any other HID bulb. They use the same ballasts, H3 bulbs just have a different base and the actual bulb is actually shorter than bulbs such as 9006. So H3 bulbs are just a bit smaller. NAvy, Projectors on what vehicle? OEM TC projector headlights use size H11. H3 is used for the VRD foglights on TC. I hope I answered you questions effectively =)

EDIT: OEM Projector headlights (year 2008+) use size H11 for low beams