Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Lowering kit questions

Discussion in 'Suspension & Brakes' started by Perplex3d?, May 14, 2006.

1. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

January 2008 and my enlistment is up and I am outta here head'n back to Texas.

2. guarocuya

guarocuya New Member

Camber kit

Aloha, i am new to the forum and i am helping my kit with her car, does anyone actually has instruction's in how to install the rear camber kit, i do most of my work on my car, but i do not want to do something wrong on her car, i will thank you ahead for any help in this matter

3. navylife59

4. steve2006tc

steve2006tc New Member

i have the tein h-techs and the ride is great. you should look into them

5. AfterImage

AfterImage New Member

i was wondering the same. 25mm for the trd, is that really alot? haha. if anyone has a picture of there trd suspension, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

6. mtrchik

mtrchik New Member

I just had the TRD lowering springs put on my car on Wed. When they pulled it out of the shop, I really didn't notice a difference. Now I've driven it a few days and it seems to have lowered a little more, but it's really not a huge difference in height. But I can really notice the difference in handling. I have pictures posted that I took on Wed. after it was lowered. When I wash my car in a few days I will put some more pictures up!

7. Roblax

Roblax New Member

My buddy was telling me that I would have to buy a whole new suspension to lower my Tc...is this true? He also stated that installation would be pretty pricey as well...:confused:

8. TBITB

TBITB Active Member

:confused::confused: you need a new buddy cuz ur about to spend a lot of money for no reason.

all u need is a set of lowering springs
    - trd
    - hotchkis
    - tein
    - eibach
    - megan
    price for installing springs shouldnt be too high - i got quoted for $100. depends on where you go. or you could do it yourself with the right tools.

if you want more stiffness, then you add struts, front/rear sway bars, and camber links.

start with the springs and go from there - and frequent this site!

9. mtrchik

mtrchik New Member

Where did you go to get them installed for $100? I just paid almost $400 just to get springs done. It took about 4 hours to install. And I thought you had to have one of those things, I think it is called a spring compressor? I paid about $92 an hour.:mad:

10. TBITB

TBITB Active Member

wow, um sorry to hear that. unfortunately, i forgot to mention i know the guy... it's not always what you know, it's who you know :eek:. buddy up with mechanics and people you know who know people. ya know? make connections. save cash for the next mod!

11. mtrchik

mtrchik New Member

Well my family owns a shop, so I get a really good deal but that would have been the price if I was a customer!:)

12. navylife59

The main problem is to pay attention to the orientation of the parts. Use a digital camera/camcorder, do one side at a time (each side is 180° of the other), or use a manual. Play it safe and use a quality coil spring compressor tool. A auto frame lift makes the job easier, but a floor jack and jackstands (a must) are all that you really need.

25MM = 0.98425Inches

13. tonyscion004

tonyscion004 New Member

TRD springs

Hey I just got some trd springs installed.. i was wondering how low will it get and how long would it take to settle in to see the full look

14. dcskater13243

dcskater13243 New Member

install cost

anyone have the springs installed by toyota?...errr...scion...if so, how much did they charge you? im contemplating buying them off scion, then having it installed..but i wanna know the price..:confused::confused::confused:

15. TBITB

TBITB Active Member

try to get them done somewhere else if you can. chances are you can get them doen cheaper somewhere other than the dealership. or you're somewhat handy with tools and you have a buddy you can DIY.

16. iAsian

iAsian Member

hey, sorry i havn't been around lately.
    i asked my scion dealer how much it would cost to install a front strut and lowering springs.
    both are 190bucks.
    190 was reasonable for the springs, but 190 to install a bar with 4 to 6 bolts?
    but w/e, i'll just install that myself.

Your scion dealer might be different, but yea. mine charges 190

o btw. is a front strut bar, lowering springs and rear sway bar a good combo for no oversteer and no understeer?

17. JMSTC

JMSTC Member

I am new to this site. I would like to see some pics of the lowering springs after the instal. How much are the springs? Are there any other springs out there other than TRD, if so what is a good brand to by? JMSTC

18. navylife59

There are many different spring sets out there. Hotchkis, Eibach, Tein, are quality brands that you can go with. Many members have pics of their rides lowered in their Members section and Garage. My car was lowered with the Hotckis springs in their TVS Stage 1 kit.

So as not to derail the overall topic in this thread, I will create a stickie in this section for everyone to post pics of their car before and after lowering with details on the suspension.

19. 08scion

08scion Member

If you get the TRD lowering springs and have them installed at the scion dealership they not only do not void the warranty, but they are also covered by the warranty... Its a great deal, but its expensive for the springs and instalation is prolly not cheap either. If you have the cash though, its worth it.

20. bodykits

bodykits New Member