Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Installing NOS SNIPER WET KIT (10 NITROUS QUESTIONS)

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide (NOS)' started by KTeevan, Oct 3, 2009.

1. KTeevan

KTeevan Member

Hi, I am Kyle's friend and he is in IRAQ right now in the military and he wanted me to buy and install the nos sniper wet kit and install it on his car. i have a cobalt and installed one myself and it wasn't too hard. now for the questions...

Car: 2006 SCION TC

1. do your cars have a test port on the fuel rail? (is it easy to access so i can run a line from there to the fuel solenoid?)

2. is your stock intake plastic (i'll just drill a hole and tap the 1 nitrous jet & fuel jet in there)

3. wiring things from the fuse box then trying to get them in the car is it easy?

4. if we are spraying a 50wet shot off the start what jets would be recommended?

5. how much fuel pressure does your car get at the fuel rail?

6. is it safe on a completely stock scion tc to run a 50wet shot? car has 80k+ miles (mostly all highway)

7. on my car i have a wideband but i noticed on your cars ur cat is inside the header. if u were to install a wideband where would you put the sensor??

8. what type of custom fabrications will i have to go through to install the kit?

9. has anyone installed a nos sniper kit and or whoever has nitrous installed on there car can i please get some pictures?

10. any recommendations before i buy this kit and install it?

THANK YOU FOR WHOEVER CAN HELP!!!

-Chris

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

1. do your cars have a test port on the fuel rail? (is it easy to access so i can run a line from there to the fuel solenoid?) No. There is a surge dampner on the fuel rail that the fuel line connects to. There are adapters in the market to replace the dampner (not recommended except on modded fuel systems) or pigtail style set of adapters to connect to the fuel line. This will have a 1/8"NPT threaded port for NOS Fuel or Gauge.

2. is your stock intake plastic (i'll just drill a hole and tap the 1 nitrous jet & fuel jet in there) Thermoset plastic. No drilling and taping in this puppy.
    There are TB plates that can be had (Descendant) with 1/8" NPT threaded ports for NOS or Meth spray.

3. wiring things from the fuse box then trying to get them in the car is it easy? Above the clutch is a wire bundle with a huge grommet that has plenty of space. Best to get to it from the inside of the car with a fish tape. If you need only one wire to activate a solenoid, then you can utilize the factory fog lamp wiring. Conveniently behind the bumper below the driver's headlamp is a taped up, one wire connector. Inside the car above the driver's left knee is an access panel. In there you will find a 7-pin connector that is empty. It contain the fog lamp wire plus power and ground. Note: It is connected to the headlamp circuit for the power so you would have to rewire that one or run your own form the junction relay.

4. if we are spraying a 50wet shot off the start what jets would be recommended? Not sure. Always jet with the lowest and work your way up while tune and testing.

5. how much fuel pressure does your car get at the fuel rail?
    Pub states 304 to 343 kPa (3.1 to 3.5 kgf/cm2, 44 to 50 psi) regulated pressure at the fuel rail @ idle. Regulator in tank, non-adjustable.

6. is it safe on a completely stock scion tc to run a 50wet shot? car has 80k+ miles (mostly all highway)Yes for a 50 shot wet NO2 setup. You can go up to 75HP wet shot but should run premium fuel. 100HP shot wet risks blowing the engine unless you have a piggyback fuel controller. 50HP dry shot is pushing it too. ZEX makes a 55-75HP wet shot PNP system specifically for the tC. I would suggest this one. Zex: Scion tC Nitrous System

7. on my car i have a wideband but i noticed on your cars ur cat is inside the header. if u were to install a wideband where would you put the sensor?? You would have to drill and weld on an O2 sensor bung. Most muffler shops should be able to accommodate you. Most put the bung in the s-pipe but could also be put on one of the other header runners like stock. Would have to remove header to prevent shavings and weld slag from clogging the primary TWC.

8. what type of custom fabrications will i have to go through to install the kit?
    ZEX is PNP so no fab req'd. Others would require mounting brackets, adapters, and such.

9. has anyone installed a nos sniper kit and or whoever has nitrous installed on there car can i please get some pictures? Dunno.

10. any recommendations before i buy this kit and install it?

Run with the ZEX kit. Research, research, research before you install. Shoot'n the juice can be fun. It can also be dangerous for your motor. Before you put your (others) Baby on the bottle, always consult with a manufacturer/speed/tuner shop for proper jet size based on injector size, fuel pressure, compression, etc.

THANK YOU FOR WHOEVER CAN HELP!!!
    You've been help by the NAVY
    -Chris[/QUOTE]