Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

installing nitrous next week

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide (NOS)' started by racer115, Jul 2, 2009.

1. racer115

racer115 New Member

im buying a 50shot dry kit from a local guy only getting cause i vant pass this deal up im also goin to get a purge kit but i had a couple questions like should i run a higher octane fuel and if so should i run it all the time and what about plugs i got ngk laser iriduims now and im goin to install it past the maf on the intake my tc is also automatic so what rpm does everyone hit them at any info would be great i havnt messed with nitrous too much but work on cars everyday just want to get much info as possible and pics will be coming

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

If your going to be shoot'n the juice on a 50HP jetted dryshot, then 93 Octane is a must. 87 Octane is fine for normal driving, but NEVER, bottle feed that motor. To do so invites only devastating engine damage. Suggest that you rejet to only a 25HP for a dryshot and you might be safe on 89 but for sure on 93 Octane. Is this a progressive controller in the kit or is it straight solenoid? That will be a deciding factor on RPM injection threshold.

3. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I personally have no experience with NOS, but from all the reading i've done, I do know that upgrading to a higher octane fuel is a must. I am not sure as far as what spark plugs to use, hotter or colder. The only thing that concerns me is fouling out a spark plug from NOS useage, I see it on PINKS all the time. I would say to upgrade your fuel injectors, but your not using any forced induction at the present time. The best advice I can give to you, would be to call like: SummitRacing, or Jegs, they have very experienced people that know all aspects of cars/trucks. NOS I believe can be set up for off the line power, as well as when the gas pedal is at the floor, or can be used at a particular RPM.