Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

i got nitrous! but i have a turbo too!

Discussion in 'Nitrous Oxide (NOS)' started by turbo-tc, Jun 16, 2009.

1. turbo-tc

turbo-tc Member

so i couldnt pass up on the offer on this wet nitrous kit i got from a friend. as some may know im boosted. im running at 10psi with 100% mehtanol. the question i got is what shot should i run? i ahve jets all the way up to 150. i was thinking maybe lowering boost a couple pounds and run either 35 or 50. my friend had it on his srt 4 did a 75 shot and gaind 79 whp and 150wtq. the spray made it push a couple more pounds on the dyno for him. anyways i like some input. thanks!

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Not really sure what to tell you. I would think that you would have loose the water meth or at the least, not have it spray during NOx activation. To do so would most likely quench the flame front causing a large loss in power. Is your motor atleast a rebuilt shortblock designed for high-power, boosted apps? Running boost on top of shoot'n the juice creates extremely high cylinder pressures that will surely crack a piston or snap a rod. Give Kenny or Tony a call at Jotech 972-278-9744. They can steer you in the right direction.

3. turbo-tc

turbo-tc Member

thanks navy! i was told that non-water mixed meth is fine to run while on nitrous. it gives it the extra octane. i figured that if i lower boost and run a lower shot of juice id be fine. but i will surely give those guys a call! they know more than me lol

4. turbo-tc

turbo-tc Member

where the heck is the TPS at? i need to run a wire to it from my nitrous controller. and where and what wire is the tach/rpm?

5. bdis3

bdis3 Member

TPS? as in tire pressure sensor? its in your tire. MAybe you dodnt mean tat though.

6. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

TPS -Throttle Position Sensor. It tells the ECM at what angle the butterfly valve in the throttle body is at.

So what year is your tC? I need to know so that I can get you the correct info.

For 2005-2006
    Pinouts are at ECM harness.

TPS: VTA1 (E8-21) - E2 (E8-28) LG - R Throttle position sensor (for engine control)
    Standard Voltages:
    Ignition switch ON, Accelerator pedal fully released Between 0.4 V and 1.0 V​
    Ignition switch ON, Accelerator pedal fully depressed Between 3.2 V and 4.8 V​

Tach/RPM: TACH (E4-5) - E1 (E6-1) B - L Engine speed
    Can also be found at the Data Link Connector (DLC3) at pin 9.
    Standard Voltages:
    Idling Pulse generation (see waveform 10)​
    WAVEFORM 10
    Engine speed signal ECM Terminal Names Between TACH and E1 Tester Ranges 5 V/DIV, 10 msec./DIV Conditions Idling
    Waveform10 - TACH.jpg
    HINT:
    The wavelength becomes shorter as the engine rpm increases.

2007~UP

TPS: VTA1 (E8-20) - E2 (E8-28) LG - R
    Tach/RPM: TACH (E5-1) - E1 (E6-1) B - L