Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

How to change bulb for mirror turn signals?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kiel_t, Aug 25, 2008.

1. kiel_t

kiel_t New Member

Hey guys was wondering how can i change both passenger and driver side bulb for the mirrors?

Does anyone know what type of bulb they require?

Thanks guys..

2. chyz-dad

chyz-dad Member

click here

and the type of LED that you will need is [​IMG]
    they are superflux leds...I got mine from ACCONTROLS the whole process takes about 2-3 hours, when you take your time....if it is something that you have done before then it should take about 1.5 hrs. I would have pics for reference but this was the first mod that I did to my car and forgot to take them.

3. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart Member

fyi, not exactly the type of led that's in there stock, as the stock leds are snapleds which are tackwelded into the assembly.

after removal of the painted plastic mirror cover, you'll find yourself some screws, and then a plug to unplug.

the turn signal asssembly itself will need to be CUT open, preferably with a dremel (yes.. this is NOT a simple bulb swap)

after that, cut off the stock leds, and you have to be abrasive to the metal finish to expose some copper to allow for the new superflux leds to be soldered on.

4. chyz-dad

chyz-dad Member

I did a whole write up on the process....click on "here" and I made it as detailed as possible w/o having pics....