Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Hotchkis Stage 1 TVS suspension upgrade

Discussion in 'Suspension & Brakes' started by hotrice, Apr 9, 2007.

1. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

No store yet, but I am working on a business deal to produce some street/strip and full-on race products for the tC. What I have done to my car is nothing special as of yet. That phase fo my Project tC is just now starting. The secret of the 2 batteries will soon be revealed.

My goal is to R&D, build, and begin race course testing these products by the end of Summer. In 14 month my Active Enlistment will be up and I will transfer to Reserves to pursue both of these automotive passions full-time.

2. hotrice

hotrice Member

alright well it's not hotchkis but i put the trd rear sway bar on today and have it set on street mode and it handles so much better i can't wait to get my springs and set the sway bar to aggressive and put that bad mam a jam a on the track.

3. navylife59

hotchkis and TRD are similar setups. The hotchkis just rides a lil lower. Don't forget a front strut bar.

4. hotrice

hotrice Member

so i tried to put the hotchkis springs on my car tonight and my mechanic is telling me that they won't fit on my stock struts. he is telling me that the rear spring have a minimal gap and that as soon as we put them on the car and lower it that the spring coils will be touching anybody have an 07 with the hotchkis springs?

5. navylife59

Contact Hotchkis. AFAIK it should be the same. I looked at my Son's RS3.0 It looked identical to mine (2005).

6. navylife59

7. Nicolasr21

Nicolasr21 New Member

What set up?

I already had the dealer install my TRD springs.
    I just bought the front/back Hotchkis sway bars.
    What set up should I ask the dealer to put on the car? What is better?
    The entire reason for having this mod is to make the car more stable on turns. I want to take the body roll out!!
    I'm on a short budget, but what other part should I invest on in order to improve handling?
    Any tips, comment, suggestion greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

8. hotrice

hotrice Member

well i have put the trd sway bar on a greddy strut bar and hotchkiss springs on and they have all made a dramatic change. i threw some re-07's tires on the ones off the sti and that thing was a beast on the track.

9. PhatBeezy

PhatBeezy New Member

Okay Navy. I just ordered the Hotchkis Lowering Springs from TRD Sparks and I'm still waiting for them. But I've been reading this forum and noticed that you said I might have to purchase the Hotchkis camber links. I have a 2005 and a little over 48k miles on my OEM struts. Will all this be a problem? Will I have to order the camber links?

10. navylife59

The camber links really won't affect your struts. Although you do want your entire suspension system in geometric alignment to reduce wear on suspension components, it is mainly for tire wear. There are many people who run without them. It is my recommendation for tire wear and overall handling performance that you do install these. This can be done at a later date, while end up costing you another alignment. Follow my adage, "Do it right the first time".

11. pwee08

pwee08 Member

so i also wanna get hotchkis lowering springs but i know jack of springs any one can explain the whole setup...i dont know nothing.... i look at the picture pointing out the pieces but wasn't very legible..

12. navylife59

Please ask specific questions as I am not sure what you do and don't understand.

13. Soulbane

Soulbane Member

I'm confused Navy, if i get the springs, sways, and camber links installed, wont I have to drive the vehicle around for a while for the springs to set in, THEN get the alignment.

Essentially what I'm asking is, don't I have to get an alignment at a later date anyways?

14. pwee08

pwee08 Member

all i kno is i wanna lower my car and yep thats bout it =/

15. bwood87

bwood87 Member

16. Graphite

Graphite Member

thats a good question. i never thought about that.

17. Constantine

Constantine New Member

hotchkis stage 1

i ordered mine from mcgeorgeparts.com, had it within 3 days. next time you order look here, they are cheap and fast.

18. navylife59

Good, quality springs so not settle. Once they are installed, you should be good to go for an alignment. Once you drive your car to get the alignment, anything (spring seats, upper strut mount bearing, bolts, etc.) that was not totally in place should be good. Of course, you should have all of this in correct alignment and torqued properly before you drop you jack.