Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

HID Headlights

Discussion in 'Appearance & Detailing' started by FemmeFatale, May 19, 2006.

1. FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale New Member

HID's anyone??

Where can I find after market HID's for my tC?? Are they available on the East Coast??

2. TheMick

TheMick New Member

3. shystieone

shystieone New Member

I got hookups with HIDs, 270 +shipping on McCullochs any color

4. peruano85

peruano85 Member

i bought my kit off ebay..i got the 5k McCulloch's and i've had them on for 2-3 months and love them...i paid $269 free shippping.

5. shystieone

shystieone New Member

yeah...the lower Kelvins are cheaper....as the kelvins are higher, it gets more expensive, but I get them at the same price. So its more worth it for a 12k kit, if thats what you want.

6. klumz

klumz New Member

what color is the 12k kit? is that more purplish or blue? i'm leaning towards a more purple color but what do you all think? and what's the difference between McCulloch 'hella', 'xenon', 'promax, or 'philips' HIDS?

7. shystieone

shystieone New Member

12k is purple, like a violet color. McCulloch, phillips, Promax, Hella are the brands. McCulloch being one of the top aftermarket brands out there w/ I think 5 years at least. Phillips and Hella usually make the ballasts for the car manufacturers. Promax is another aftermarket brand, just came out. They have a lil shop near my house, haha.

8. hebee1982

hebee1982 Member

Just got HID's

Ok so I ordered HID's through Pilot and all I can say is oh my God! Very inexpensive cost about $180 shipped and took about three days to get them. Very simple to install, except you need to get a relay wire kit. Other than that really easy to install. I strongly advise to go with Pilot if you are thinking of getting HID's!

9. chicotunner07

chicotunner07 Member

10k, 12k, or which ones, could u post some pics?

10. hebee1982

hebee1982 Member

I got the 8K's and they have a sweet tint of blue. They a such a change from the stock halogen! I will try and get some pics up this week.

11. ThetC

ThetC Member

I got the Bonzai express 6000k and your right, making this upgrade is key and i dont regret it

12. hebee1982

hebee1982 Member

Definately. A worth while investment. So have the cops busted your balls at all over the lights?

13. ThetC

ThetC Member

no cops here yet

14. hebee1982

hebee1982 Member

Did you have to use a relay wire kit that connected from the ballast to the battery terminal? When I ordered the kits I was under the assumption that it was plug and play however, I needed to get the relay kit because apparently on the Scion's you have to bypass the electrical system in order to get the HID's to work. I know that the 6000k is pretty much a bright white with a hint of violet. The 8000k has a lot more of a blue color and I know that the HID's are illegal where I am, I just hope I don't have to deal with any of their bull!

15. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Are HIDs illegal as a conversion or just on the vehicle period where you live?

16. chicotunner07

chicotunner07 Member

well HIDs are illegal on any car that did not come equipped with them, but i think it would would be hilarious to get pulled over by a cop for HIDs...."do you know why i stopped you".....because i ran the stop sign....."no, because ur lights are too bright.............hahahahahhaa

17. ThetC

ThetC Member

thats a load of crap because if that friggen mercedes that comes with those 6000K hids and dont get $h1t for it then why should you, thats what i would say to a pig if he said that to me, i say the same about exhaust, lol, fcuk cops

18. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Better be nice. Police aren't the problem. They just enforce the laws. The problem for hot rodders and tuners alike is that we are not very active in the community and seen more as a nuisance. When these laws are proposed, we do nothing to lobby a better outcome for us.

I agree with curbing the addition of HID's to an OEM reflective housing. The light is to powerful for the designed spread of the light beam, thusly, blinding oncoming drivers. Retrofitting a vehicle properly with projector HIDS that are DOT compliant should be legal. That would make everyone happy as the light would be focused properly on the road.

19. AznDreamer

AznDreamer Member

Couldn't have agree with you more. It's very blinding for a lot of people when someone with HIDs, without proper projectors, are coming from behind. I know for a fact that it's extremely blinding when someone comes from behind with highbeams ON. I had that today and it pissed me off! My windows aren't tinted yet . . . so blinded the hell out of me. Wanted to slap the **** outta that guy, really. But oh well . . . better to let it go since it was raining and rain brings out the worst drivers in the world!

20. chicotunner07

chicotunner07 Member

i totally agree, i usually let those *******s pass me and then get behind them and put on my highbeams on!!! hehehe