Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Headlight assembly upgrade questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bimfi, Apr 27, 2016.

1. bimfi

bimfi New Member

First, let me say that I am new to this forum. I have an 05 tC that is showing it's age in the headlight department. I want to replace the assembly, but want to give it a "new" look. I was thinking about projectors and "halo/angel eyes" but was told to stay away from aftermarket ones. Right now I'm pretty sure that I have standard halogen bulbs. So, here are a few of my questions.

Can I purchase OEM assemblies for a 2008 (or whenever they made projector lens for tC) and install them with little or no issues? If so, will the standard halogen bulb work in them or do I need to go with HID or other bulbs? I'm also guessing that the "halo" is most likely CCFL rather than LED, so will this be an issue or not?

I don't want to get too in-depth with this upgrade, so whichever would be the easiest path would suit me. I have seen quite a few you-tube videos on replacing these lights, so I think for the most part I could probably do it. I just need to find out if newer headlights will work in first-gen tCs. Thanks a lot.

2. bimfi

bimfi New Member

I decided to go back to stock OEM lens and put in halogen bulbs.