Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

headers that will work with cat

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by mikeman030888, May 14, 2010.

1. mikeman030888

mikeman030888 New Member

Right now I'm lookin at what to blow my taxes on and I lookin at possible some new headers but I don't wanna replace my catlayc converter realy I have currently the tdr axle back exaust and realy don't wanna get rid of the stock cat so anything out there I can use? Or do I have 2 replace that stuff or get rid of it?

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

If your not too keen on upgrading or replacing your CAT, you may want to look into a Weapon-R header. The stock CAT's are restrictive and infact a aftermarket High-Flow CAT would be better, (CatCo, Magnaflow). I would suggest if you upgrade to a header, you'll want to get a better resonator like a Moroso Spiral Flow or one from Magnaflow. Headers tend to make more rasp and getting a resonator will cut back on the rasp and the ricey sounding exhaust. Plus it will cancel out certain tones and help to balance out the sound as well, for a more tuned sound. Another option I would like to throw your way would be to have your header, that is if you end up getting one, would be to send out to Jet-Hot and have it Jet Coated. I had my DC Sport Header done and it cam out amazing. Plus they offer different coatings that range from 1200 degrees and up as well different finishes. Well worth the money, plus keeping engine temps down is always a plus. All their coating are 100% warrantied.