Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Flushing Coolant

Discussion in 'Engine Performance' started by BOSS916, Apr 1, 2010.

1. BOSS916

BOSS916 New Member

I was just at Toyota looking for a repair manual for my 07 tc, but they are SUPER expensive! I need to change out my coolant and dont want to screw it up, if thats possible. I know how to drain it, but as far as flushing it all out i am clueless. Can anyone tell me the step by step process? Also, how often should coolant be changed? Thanks.

2. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

Pick up a flush out kit at AutoZone for cheap.

First you need to drain your coolant. Some cars have a drain on the radiator and some you need to take off the bottom hose. I'm not particularly familiar with the tC's set up, but it's one or the other. Then hook up the flush kit and follow the directions that come with it. Finally you have to refill your coolant. Make sure to bleed out the system to get any air bubbles out. Start the car and pay close attention to the engine temp. Let the car run until you hear the fans come on and re-check the engine temp. If everything looks good, you're done! I would also replace the thermostat if your doing a coolant flush.

If you want to be unique, and have blue coolant rather than our red/pink, you can use what Mecedes-Benz or BMW has and buy some hoses from KillerGlass.com and you'll see what I am talking about. Make sure the coolant your putting back in is made for a toyota, ask the dealer to comfirm. DO NOT want to use Dex-Cool or the Green Radiator Fluid.

*Coolant should be flushed around 100K