Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Exhaust suggestions?

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by JuanFlinTc, May 4, 2009.

1. JuanFlinTc

JuanFlinTc Member

im getting a HKS TI exhaust tip and going to go get a custom full cat system on my 08' TC. My question is im not sure if i want to stay at just 1 oe 2 resonaters on it for that really deep and rich sound. My boy has a turbo back on his 96' eclipse GST and he had the 2 resonaters on his and the sound was massive and nice but idk if it will be the same with the TC. If anybody has done this work on theirs please let me know how it came out and if you like it or not.

2. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

First of all, a N/A car will not sound like a turboed car. As far as your need for resonators, you will most likely have to try different things out until you get what you want.

3. bdis3

bdis3 Member

If you want your tC to sound good just get a catback that's made for our car, and don't do headers. there done.

4. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I would go w/ a Moroso Sprial Flow resonator or one from Magnaflow. 18'' - 20'' is more than plenty. I would also go w/ a header and high flow CAT, you'll gain more torque/HP and the engine will breathe better as well. I am sorry to say, but headers are not over rated, they do work if the whole exhaust system is built correctly. If you staying w/ N/A, I would have the exhaust piping diameter done from 2.25'' to 2.50''.