Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Exhaust Question

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by Zwolf, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Zwolf

Zwolf Member

Heyyy, I bought a 2006 Scion Tc and it came with a OBX Racing Exhaust and I was wondering if anyone knew if it actually increased hp at all. I checked the OBX site but I didn't see any dyno's for it but i was hoping somebody had done their own.

2. Mengsta

Mengsta <font color="#fb7014"><b>Club-tC Supporting Vendor Staff Member

Glad you purchased a TC! Not sure if you will easily find dyno's for this system, but from the looks of it, it is a full exhaust in that it replaces your OEM midpipe and deletes the secondary cat. It should yeild more numbers than a regular axleback, but I wouldn't say its a major power upgrade by itself, from past dynos of other models, I would guess a 3-10 yield is reasonable. Most owners go with an exhaust system more for sound.

3. Zwolf

Zwolf Member

Thanks Mengsta also do you have any suggestions for headers. Im going longtube because I'm trying to get as much power as possible out of what I buy...

4. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I would suggest going w/ Weapon-R which are a true 4-2-1 header and comes w/ the s-pipe. Other suggestions would be DC Sport, Alphawerks and Strup.

5. Mengsta

Mengsta <font color="#fb7014"><b>Club-tC Supporting Vendor Staff Member

+1 for the WR. Great 4-2-1 setup and produces very good mid-high end power. It comes with the S-pipe, no midpipe though.

6. skatenc123

skatenc123 New Member

you probably gained a minimul amount of horsepower some say they notice increase with just exhaust others say they dont. but you of loss tq.

7. skatenc123

skatenc123 New Member

also i have the WeaponR headers i like them alot but the install was a little difficult theres this one bolt on the bottom left your stock headers that can be very hard to get off. so id start with that bolt when you do the install. best of luck.

8. Zwolf

Zwolf Member

Thanks thats alot of help I hope that I can get them in a month or so

9. skatenc123

skatenc123 New Member

yea best of luck. also you can either buy a cel fixer or make one. i know that FastScions.Com - Home sells them. Any shop should be able to install them for about 50 bucks also.

10. Oregon

Oregon New Member

Mods work best with other mods. Exhaust alone won't really do anything. CAI alone won't really do anything. Headers alone won't really do anything. But, when you add all 3 together, you get a car with a newly found zest for life.

11. mtnbk

mtnbk New Member

Oregon, my CAI made a definite difference. But it isn't a boxed bolt-on. It's taking air rammed in via the left "duct" that was the place where some people put their left fog light, the piping from behind the duct has a capacity increased 93% over the OEM snorkle, the carbon filter has been removed from the top of the airbox, and the induction system has been insulated with heat shielding. The system also has a "chamber" specifically designed to seperate out water and allow it to drain away.

I find it interesting that everyone goes looking for some magic bolt on without first understanding exactly how things work. If you think about it, it's so simple to use inexpensive things like a shop vac hose to create a real cold air induction system, rather than one that takes air from the same cavity that the OEM snorkle did.

12. mtnbk

mtnbk New Member