Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Exhaust help. I'm a noob =/, Tell me if I'm dumb!

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by BobbyHannant, Jan 17, 2011.

1. BobbyHannant

BobbyHannant New Member

Hey guys. Ive had my 07 tC for a couple months now and I'm thinking about putting work into it. I've done some research on the different exhausts and I'm leaning towards Injen. Like I mentioned I am a noob. I don't know to much about cars but I love my tC and I'm really starting to get into cars haha. BUT heres the question. This is what I'm thinking about getting

Exhaust: Injen Exhaust Systems - 60mm w/ 4" SS Tip for 05-up Scion Tc at Andy's Auto Sport

Injen SES

Headers: 05-up Scion Tc Headers from Weapon R at Andy's Auto Sport

Weapon R

SRI: Weapon R Short Ram Intake - Secret Weapon for 05-up Scion Tc at Andy's Auto Sport

Now what I'm looking to get out of this is hopefully a really loud / nice sound and some HP. ( Not Hit Points =P) I just want to know if theres something that isnt included that I would need for everything to work properly. If you guys have any suggestions or tips it will be greatly appreciated. I just want to know if you guys think this will give me the sound / performance I'm looking for. Thanks dudes!

2. BobbyHannant

BobbyHannant New Member

Injen exhaust with Weapon R header and SRI?

Would this be ok? Im trying to get a really nice sound / performance increase for my 07 tC.

Injen Exhaust Systems - 60mm w/ 4" SS Tip for 05-up Scion Tc at Andy's Auto Sport

Weapon R Stainless Steel Race Header for 05-up Scion Tc at Andy's Auto Sport

Weapon R Short Ram Intake - Secret Weapon for 05-up Scion Tc at Andy's Auto Sport

Tell me what you think. I don't know too much about cars yet but I'm learning. If you have any suggestions please tell me! Thanks

3. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

I agree with the Weapon-R Header and Intake. If you want a really nice sound and not ricey or raspy, I'd go with a TRD, Borla or Magnaflow Exhaust and a longer Resonator. You can replace your OEM resonator with a Magnaflow or Moroso Spiral Flow, the longer the resonator the less rasp, quieter, smoother tuned sound. You can also replace your CAT with a highflow CAT from Catco or Magnaflow, OEM CAT's are very restrictive as it is. A highflow CAT will help you gain a few more HP/Torque and allow your exhaust system to flow easier and smoother.

4. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Have you had a chance to read the stickies in the Exhaust Section? Very informative and full of just about everything you need to know. Quick and dirty on your list to get you started. That should be a solid setup. It will be loud but raspy. That is due to the primary TWC (catalytic converter) in the header being removed from the swap of the OEM header. The increased exhaust gas flow is too much for the OEM resonator in the mid-pipe to handle. You would need to upgrade to a larger aftermarket resonator like from Magnaflow or Flowmasters. You could install (in place of resonator) an inline glass-pack muffler like a Cherry Bomb to give it a deeper, more throaty sound. For less back-pressure, you could completely change out the mid-pipe. That will delete the secondary cat which will make the sound way too loud to even drive. If you are N/A then just leave the mid-pipe be and just change out the resonator.