Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Emange chip worth it....??

Discussion in 'Tuning and Dyno Results' started by DollarBill, Sep 6, 2011.

1. DollarBill

DollarBill Member

So I happen to take my car to my good friends auto shop yesterday and he happen to ask what other mods I was doing. After explaining my whole project list he said that before I do any of it I should get

Killer tC: Scion tC Performance Parts :: Electronics :: Greddy Emanage Ultimate

Now he doesn't know a whole lot about tc's but he is a big toyota fan. And he was telling me that toyta restricts there cars a lot out of the factory and buying that chip you will be able to pump a lot more horse power that the car should be doing. Along with him saying that my other friend who was there said he bought one for his VW GTI because of the same reason they are held back in a lot of ways one big one being if u slam the gas pedal down real quick the engine does not even register it.... TC also have this problem although ours is not as bad its just a delay. So I'm wondering if anyone has tried this product or has herd any feedback about it. Now the chip for the GTI totally enhanced the performance and throttle response and now the slightest touch and his car revs. So I'm wondering how true this emange system really is and how much extra power you can actually get out of it with enhancing throttle responce and better air to fuel ratio with a ton of other stuff it can do????

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately for all, the Toyota ECM is locked down. There are no power chips out there. Not much tuning can be done with a piggyback due to the learning nature of the ECM. I have the GReddy Ultimate and it was no better on the tC that other piggybacks nearly half the cost.

3. DollarBill

DollarBill Member

Anyone you could recommend?

4. xlxhockeyxlx

xlxhockeyxlx Member

How do you tune for turbo then? have to go full stand alone?

5. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

Give Dezod, PTuning or Decendant a call, they'll be able to better direct you on what you'll need.

6. RayRay

RayRay New Member

?

What are Weapon R I -Throttle Controller Wiring Harness, what are these what do they do?

7. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

It is a device that intercepts the drive-by-wire (DBS) signal, alters it, and sends that signal to the ECM which interprets it in a way to provide better throttle response. I has user selectable profiles that peaks or flattens the voltage signal curve. With a flatten signal curve, you don't have to alter your foot pedal engagement to get better MPG. For example, you press the throttle down to 60%, depending on the setting of the i-throttle, the throttle plate will only open to 60% at a much slower rate. Performance mode brings the throttle plate, in this scenario, open to 60% as quick as possible.

8. Jbarker83

Jbarker83 New Member

Is that weapon r worth getting for the tC?