Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

E Management ultimate

Discussion in 'Tuning and Dyno Results' started by austinasto, Jan 28, 2011.

1. austinasto

austinasto New Member

okay, does anyone know anything about the emanage ultimate? I heard it allows higher revs. also do it have to be programmed? I keep hearing about it but dont know anything about it

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Save your money. The Ultimate is a very powerful piggyback but does not interface with our ECM well. Most it can do is WOT management. The ECM will pullback timing when it desires to and the Ultimate is powerless to change that. A Puerto Rican shop several years ago laid claim to being able to increase the rev limit RPM. This was done by clamping MAF voltage against H2O temps and a few other mapping shenanigans. This increases the complexity which can make for potential problems down the road.

3. jinex

jinex New Member

emanage ultimate

has anyone had any problems with the ultimate and if so what kind. thanks walter

4. navylife59

I have had the GReddy Ultimate since it first came out. The poorly written manual was cryptic. The support, at that time, was virtually in Japan as the GReddy USA counterparts did not know much of anything about the Ultimate when it first came out. The wiring pinouts for the the tC was for the 2007-2010 but the install manual and the GReddy website listed it for the 2005-2006. Alot of jumpers on the MB that have to be set which makes troubleshooting a pain. The software interface is not very intuitive, lacks features, has issues with maintaining the software switches, and is only compatible for Windows XP Svc Pack 2 and below. There was no PNP jumper harness. I had to order a blank jumper harness from a separate company in which I had to splice the GReddy's harness into. Man, was that a chore. On top of all of this, all that could be controlled in the end was WOT fuel trims. Without control of spark timing, gains were minimal. Was hoping that GReddy would update the interface software to be compatible with Vista and 7. The Ultimate is not junk. It is a very powerful piggyback that just falls short on the Toyota ECM.

5. jinex

jinex New Member

i have a 2010 and greddy makes a pnp harness for it thats why i wanted to use the ultimate, plus its the one i use on my supra aswell. i do appreciate the feedback. in your sig it looks like youre s/c. if thats the case who makes the kit and where can i find one. thanks for all your help navy youve been the one responding to most of my threads. ive been in the toyota scene for awhile but with the big boys aka supras and then i thought it might be fun to build a tc, so the more help the better. once again thanks navy. regards walter

6. jinex

jinex New Member

navy what do you suggest instead of the emanage. an afc or maybe th e aem. thanks walter

7. navylife59

I combined these 2 threads as they are pretty much talking about the same thing.

jinex Always admired the Toyota brand since back in high school in the mid-1980's. I know, so last century. :) A bud had 2 Toyo trucks, one a 4x4 on lift kit with 30" mudders and one dropped on deck for scraping. A GF's cousin had an '87 or '88 Supra that was a dog so it had to have been the base model.

Back to the subject at hand. Yes, I have the TRD S/C on one car and N/A on the other. The troubles that I am currently facing, I believe, are centered around my MAF and the fact that it is measuring flow beyond what is expected in the MAF tables. The Ultimate is powerful, again, just not on late model Toyo's. Most of the turbo kits started out running the GReddy Blue E-manage. Unichip offers a possible turn-key setup if you already have power mods in place. They can preconfigure a base tune that would get you around respectable until you can find an Authorized Unichip Installer to get it properly tuned. With any piggyback, all that you are going to achieve is WOT fuel trims. I have heard from a few people about them being able to use other aspects of the Ultimate to fool the ECM and get around it's lock outs. For all out performance and to tune 100% the only real option is a full stand-alone like Motec or hybrid controller, like Alan Phillips Racing, APR Power - ECU which allows the ECM to be retained and fully integrated.