Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Dual exhaust for a scion tc

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by iinflu3nce, Oct 2, 2009.

1. iinflu3nce

iinflu3nce New Member

I was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a custom exhaust for 09 tc any price will work as long as its a good company that makes it also please dont tell me how to make a ricer noise lol i am aiming towards that wookie noise from a sti or just that deep roar like how the trd muffler tip makes

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

I am not coming up with any dual exhaust kits so you are going to need this to be custom made. Not much of a market for duals on a 4 banger. Upgrading the factory resonator to a larger absorption type (glasspack) will net you that rumble sound your looking for. A Magnaflow or Flowmaster type muffler would also be needed. Straight-thru mufflers will always net rice.

3. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

Yep. Custom is pretty much your only route. I'm sure there's a way to modify the TRD axle-back to exhale at dual ports. Navy, a glasspack is straight-thru lol

4. navylife59

But I was talking about and absorption type resonator that is traditionally a straight thru design. The absorption material is a fiberglass batting, hence, the glasspack. Unlike a glasspack muffler, these don't loose their material over time.

5. CadenceScion

CadenceScion Moderator Staff Member

A 4 cylinder isn't going to benefit from a duel exhaust, its more for looks and looks only. On another note you may lose needed back pressure/torque and compression. I would stick w/ a good name brand axle-back or CAT back and you'll be fine. If your into the duel look, the only way to have one is to have an exhaust shop custom bend/make you one.

6. navylife59

You might be able to modify the one from the latest Release Series 2nd Gen xB with a center exit, dual exhaust axle-back. A single exhaust culminating into a dual exhaust with piping ID half that of the single piping ID should have little to no impact on gas flow/backpressure. Do you know that the new Nissan GT-R has a single exhaust that dumps into a dual exhaust past the rear axle? titek-nissan-gt-r-r35-cat-back-exhaust.jpg
    Damn that looks sexy!

7. Turbo_TC05

Turbo_TC05 New Member

Try contacting paul dezod from Dezod.com or ptuning.com