Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Drift

Discussion in 'Drifting' started by BowsertC, Apr 30, 2011.

1. BowsertC

BowsertC New Member

I have been interested in drifting for a while now, but have not been serious until now

what should i get done to my car preformance wise and all to my car to prepare for this

anything helps

2. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

FF (FWD) cars make for terrible drifting in the sense of Formula D style power drifting. It is not impossible to drift a FF but it is difficult and will not handle the same way that a FR (RWD) car with tons of torque can do. A FF car will drift in heavy cornering. It is called the slip angle and is a slight over-steer condition. It is not the same as a powerslide style drifting where the rear of the car is intentionally pushed out of alignment with the front. My suggestion is that you find a beater RWD car to drift in. If you try that pull the e-brake crap, you are going to damage your parking brake. It is not designed to handle that type of clamping load.

3. jman07jb

jman07jb New Member

^True then your hand brake will get really loose and sooner or later might not actually lock your wheels. Speaking from experience ha. Then you have to tighten it but thats a different story