Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

dire need of some advice and how to!

Discussion in 'Suspension & Brakes' started by kevinR, Jun 8, 2015.

1. kevinR

kevinR New Member

My girlfriend has a 2006 scion tc and she without my knowledge ordered the front and rear strut and mount kit from rock auto. From the research I've done she seems to have gotten the right parts. I'm not a master car mechanic by any means but I would consider myself adequately knowledgeable. Just a quick run through of how to and the torque specs for both front and back struts. I've also read some mention about spring clamps? As of right now they aren't available to me, but the search continues. Unless either I don't need them or there's an equivalent alternative. I'd greatly appreciate any advice given thanks.

2. Persueder

Persueder New Member

youll need spring clamps if you don't have a spring compressor. Its a fairly straight forward job, torque specs are simple. Tight. no specific specs just make sure they are good and tight. the main bolts on the bottom on the struts you might need an impact to loosen. once the strut assemblies are removed, you need to compress the spring to remove the nut on top of the mount. you can use spring clamps, just be careful. the only other option is having a shop disassemble and reassemble them. other than that its pretty straight forward. Just make sure to get an alignment after they are installed. If you have any questions feel free to ask. This is what i do for a living.