Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

cribbs-tc 2006 SSM tC

Discussion in 'Member Rides' started by cribbs-tC, Mar 24, 2009.

1. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Don't really know what to say...

I arrived at a Toyota dealership, looking for a 6spd Celica GTS. What I ended up finding and buying was my 06 tC! My wife (fiance at the time) and I test drove her for all of 10 minutes and immediately loved her. So we went back to the dealership to buy her. I was so excited to drive her off the lot! ...To bad she wasn't ready to go... The dealership hadn't performed their inspection of her as she was sold to them that morning lol. So I had to wait THREE WHOLE DAYS (which felt like forever) before I could pick her up. But when I did... I was in love :drool5:

The day I picked her up (I have this posted elsewhere):
    [​IMG]

A hand-cleaned 2AZ (year and a half since purchase):
    [​IMG]

After lowering her:
    [​IMG]

More to come after I get a nice headshot of her, as well as after I put my new hood on (whenever it gets here...)

2. 06_blkout

06_blkout New Member

Nice! Any plans for the car??

3. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Well, besides the hood, nothing serious for a while. Wife agreed that I could get a turbo kit in a year, so I'll be saving for that. But who knows... I may sneak in a mod or two ~_^

4. 06_blkout

06_blkout New Member

Lol yes! Silent mods ftw.

5. TcEnthusiast

TcEnthusiast New Member

Congrats! I remember buying my 06 tC fresh off the lot and felt the same way. Welcome to the family :) I wanted it in silver but, they didn't have any left so I bought the blue instead. I fell in love with the color anyways :p Right now it's a little injured though. Some idiot side swiped me in the middle of the night trying to pass me in the opposite lane. Now I need a new paint job and a new mirror! At least my new Injen exhaust is on it's way. Something g00d to look forward too =)

6. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Oh man, that sucks dude. Hope she'll be okay! After she's all better, be sure and create your own member thread so we can see her. ^_^

Couple more pics:

NIA eyelids ftw!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another view of the height:
    [​IMG]

7. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Me lookin stupid, holding my new Tein S-tech ^_^
    [​IMG]

8. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Well, since today turned out to be a really nice day, I decided to do my "spring cleaning" of my tC. Also, figured today would be my only chance to really clean her well before Saturday's car show. ^_^

Anyways, started washing her at 11am. The figured, "Hell, may as well clay bar and wax"... yeah... finished at 5:40pm... and now my back is killing me, my feet hurt, my shoulders burn, and my arms are sunburnt lol. The sacrifices we make for our tCs right? :loool:

So here she is after the wash, clay bar, and triple wax (I haven't done her interior yet):
    [​IMG]

Doesn't look all the impressive with the lighting, but before the clouds rolled in she looked like a mirror :D

9. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Looks great except for the tire foam that you left on the front license plate. :D

10. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Lol

Funny thing is, I don't even use tire foam... >.> I use an Eagle One spray hahaha

11. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Well, the hood finally came in. I haven't taken a good picture of it on my car yet, as the weather in VA was miserable yesterday. But here are pictures of the hood and weave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures of the hood on the car to come soon!!!

12. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

Very nice. Can't wait to see the installation. How about a DIY for those interested in swapping hoods in the future?

13. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

awe BOOZER. I should have thought about that the other day... My friend and I already installed the hood and I packed up my stock hood and stored it away. I'll see if I can throw something together though.

14. Nate-xtC

Nate-xtC New Member

Carbon Fiber? I've never seen that color before, is it painted?

15. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Well, technically it is not 100% carbon fiber. Carbon is black. Carbon can only be black (or really clear and shiney i.e. DIAMONDS). So to create colored carbon fiber hoods, companies will create carbon/kevlar fiber weaves, which allow the manufacturer to dye the kevlar.

At least, that's how I understand it to work. But for simplisities sake, I call it a silver carbon fiber hood.

And no, it's not painted ^_^

16. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Well, finally snapped a couple of pictures with the hood installed on the car. She WAS clean, but with all the pollen in the Virginia air she isn't so much at the moment...

But anyways, here she is with her new hood ^_^

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Redneck4csa

Redneck4csa Premium Member

I like it alot. Very clean. Props to you, sir.

18. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

Thanks a lot. I've been watching your ride progress. Hope those retrofitted headlights work out! They should be hot fire.

19. Vmix06

Vmix06 Member

looking good cribbs but i guess you need to make the holes for the windshield washers spray nozzels

20. cribbs-tC

cribbs-tC Member

I'm actually going to try to retrofit the nozzels onto the windshield wiper bezzle. That way I don't have to drill the hood. Plus, if it works, it would be a neat unique feature imo. Also, I really like the smooth look across the hood -- I hate the nozzels.

If I decide to do it, I will write up a DIY in case someone else wants to do it.