Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Club-tC Exclusive - The Most Powerful Streetable tC T/A car

Discussion in 'Autocrossing and Road Racing' started by navylife59, Sep 10, 2007.

1. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

During a little visit to Jotech Racing in Garland, Texas this weekend, I discovered something very interesting. There in the garage was a new Scion tC race car. After swearing me to secrecy, Tony Cheung and Kenny Tran showed me their new Time Attack weapon. Something looked familiar with this car. A quick look at the dash confirmed my suspicions. There before me, clad in a VIS Evo CF hood, CF Rear hatch and sweet vinyl covering job was none other than the pre 2005 release SEMA show premadonna, the 530WHP Jotech/Nitto tC! After some sidestepping, Tony confirmed this.

Unfortunately, my camera battery was dead so no exclusive pics. That was a shame too as there was T/A car's spare 2AZ-FE block sitting in the showroom. There it was a clean with ARP studs and Eagle sleeves. Christian Rado needs to check his 6 on the road course cause Kenny Tran is about to overtake.

Just as Scion/Nitto was prophetic enough to send a pre-release 2005 tC to Jotech to build a killer ride for SEMA, they were wise enough to issue proclamation that the 2008 xB shall receive the same attention. Now being that the new box has got the 2AZ-FE torque monster, expect somthine amazing.

One more cool thing to note. While I was there having Kenny do a mod on my exhaust, there was a film crew there making a pilot for a possible new show about the ups and downs of a tuner shop and race crew. The scenes they were shooting that day involved the Nitto T/A tC with Project tC (yours truly) in the background for ambience. Had my Son not taken so long screwing around to get there, his RS3.0 (aka Nimbus) would have been in the shots as well. You snooze, you loose.

If you are ever in North Texas, stop on by Jotech Racing in Garland and check it out. Have to warn you though to watch out for Tony. He is a killer salesman and will have you leaving with lots of goodies. Don't despair though, he will cut you a deal and you don't even have to tell him that Scott sent ya!

2. SquallLHeart

SquallLHeart Member

so.... exactly what changes have been made to the car since the last time it's been out racing a few days ago?

granted i assume it's just part of those "sworn to secrecy" parts?

ehh.. i'm curious what's new..

3. navylife59

For the Nitto tC, a fully built up bottom end is all I know. I thought I heard one of the mechanics state that the one-off turbo setup was put back into the car just for the show taping. That leads me to believe that Jotech might have come up with a N/A T/A monster. It has been completely covered in a shrink vinyl graphic that looks rather sweet. The VIS Evo style CF hood and the CF rear hatch is not covered.

Tony warned that if you go with the VIS CF hatch, that you will have to remove the lift struts. If not, during the heat of the day, the hatch will warp up from the lift strut pressure.

4. navylife59

A lil more spy work and I found out that a former SEMA show tC running 40lbs boost on a new turbo setup just laid down 733WHP! This is a yet to be confirmed report (hey, I'm no Dan Rather), but possibly the most powerful 2AZ-FE Scion tC that is still streetable. I can confirm that this was down on the same dyno that my tC laid down 228.4WHP so these numbers are somewhat accurate.

5. carboncrazytc

carboncrazytc Member

wow quite the story i would love to c it boogie.. : )

6. navylife59

Me too. Kenny used to tool around Garland in the Nitto tC when it was just a mere 533WHP. I came so close to talking him into letting me ride around in it, but it was about to start pouring down rain and they wanted it inside the shop.

Jotech Nitto Project tC.JPG

7. carboncrazytc

carboncrazytc Member

you will have to record that if u get a chance to. smack around some vettes for me lol

8. navylife59

Jotech/Nitto Time Attack tC Revealed

Here is an officially "unofficial" update as spied 02OCT07, another exclusive brought to you by Club-tC.Com!
    Due to the passing of my Father this weekend, I was in the area of G-Town so I paid a sneak visit to Jotech. No TV camera crews milling about this time, so out came my trusty camera. The tC is now laying down 739WHP to the Nitto rubbers. Kenny has stated that he is amazed at the power potential of the 2AZ-FE motor. I will try to get the motor specs, but I do know this. It has a built lower end, CNC head work, stock cams, a small custom fab turbo kit, and a standalone that is custom piggybacked to the ECM for OEM functionality.

The 2008 xB being prepped for the upcoming SEMA show is underwraps. Out of respect to Jotech I am tight lipped about it. What I can divulge is with the 2AZ-FE engine in tha box, expect for something wild. Stay tuned for more to come.

Jotech-Nitto 739WHP.JPG

Jotech-Nitto Rear Quarter.JPG

Jotech-Nitto Sparco Seats.JPG

Jotech-Nitto Sparco Wheel.JPG

Jotech-Nitto VIS Hood.JPG

Jotech-Nitto Volk Racing 18x8 on Nitto Rubber.JPG

Jotech-Nitto HKS IC.JPG

9. carboncrazytc

carboncrazytc Member

niceeeee ride

10. navylife59

Update.....

The big turbo kit is back out and the original is back in. That means the tC is back to 533WHP. 739WHP is a bit much for T/A. LSD and replacing the ACT clutch is the next upgrade before the track debut.

11. navylife59

The "OFFICIAL" word is out on the Nitto T/A tC. You can see it here on Jotech's website then follow the link to Nitto's official release. Keep a sharp eye out for the Project tC in the video background!

Remember, you knew about it 1st here on Club-tC!!!:cool:

12. Tazraz01

Tazraz01 New Member

I actually live in Garland, TX (Im currently at UT Austin for college!) and can say that Jotech is *the* place to go to to look at some really incredible work in N. Texas. Ive personally seen the Nitto tC and it is very sick :] He also has a yellow NSX usually parked out front too along with various other pieces of eye candy

Also I can say from personal experience that Jotech does amazing work, at a good price ($74/hr i believe, but with this price you get the piece of mind that pros are at work at least)

13. navylife59

Don't forget Tony's white 350Z!

14. navylife59

Current turbo setup on the Nitto tC Time Attack car.

Jotech-Nitto tC Turbo.JPG

15. Soulbane

Soulbane Member

Is the entire brake system compose of Willwood?

And it's using the stock gauges! Gutsy!

16. Vmix06

Vmix06 Member

that is one sick car all i can say is aaaamaazing

17. navylife59

Tony's sweet ride is now candy deep red metallic. Apparently he got a deal when they bought the paint for the 2008 Turbo xB Scion/Nitto SEMA car.