Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

Actual Scion tC MPG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caryyy, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Caryyy

Caryyy New Member

Post what kind of mpg you get! I personally don't have a tC, but I'm curious as to what they get. Thanks!

2. bwood87

bwood87 Member

I drive 50 miles to work, 40 miles is on a nice fast highway the other 10 is on a slower and more traffic light filled road. It is 11 miles to my fiance's house on that same slow and traffic light filled road. Just wanted to show what kinda driving I do before I give you the numbers. Since August my per-tank average has been 26.14, with a high of 28.05 and a low of 24.08. I track my gas mileage religiously if you had not noticed.

3. StreetracerJay

StreetracerJay Member

I average 26 mpg and I have the 2007 S/C model. I think a N/A should have better mpg

4. vietboiz12345

vietboiz12345 New Member

it varys

i guess if your planing on getting an MT or AT varies on the mgp alot
    and the engine revs kinda high too
    so you might be tripping out while looking at that when your driving
    >_>

5. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

I don't really pay attention too much about MPG. I just make sure that it doesn't go kaklunk...kaklunk....pwaaah on me:)

6. H.Series tC

H.Series tC Member

Mpg

With my manual i filled up after 320 miles on a single tank. I think the extra mileage is probably from my CAI and custom dual exhaust. Before that stuff i think i was still looking at 270-280 miles a tank. I drive mine pretty hard to.

7. KTeevan

KTeevan Member

i get 300 miles to a tank. thats what the tC is supposed to get though. so thats pretty good i guess. but i have gotten exactly 323 to one tank. that was pretty much all highway, and not going about 2300rpm on the street. (really hard to go that slow) just wanted to see how much milage i could get.

8. navylife59

Hmm, I have gotten around 340 miles doing 80 on the Interstate. That is with 89 octane and only stopping once.

9. KTeevan

KTeevan Member

whatt?? thats amazing. actually, that sounds reasonableee. not for doing 80 constant.

10. navylife59

When you can run a motor at constant rate with little fluction in RPM's, then your fuel flow rate will be more efficient. This was on wide open Interstate in Louisiana which is typically flat.

11. KTeevan

KTeevan Member

oh yea thats true, with no hills or anything like that. new jersey is kind of hilly if thats the world for it haha

12. Emery1862

Emery1862 New Member

20mpg

I deliver pizza with mine. Bad news. I hate it. But I get 20 with mine. Stop, go, stop, go and alot more. :mad:

13. vietboiz12345

vietboiz12345 New Member

for reals?

mann, thats such a waste of miles added to your tc man
    you should use an older car for pizza delivery cause tc should be used to deliver fun and nothing eles
    muahaha
    lol

14. Soulbane

Soulbane Member

Miserable Southern California local traffic.

I managed 23 MPG.

Miserable.

Open freeways is a totally different question.

15. JmyHny

JmyHny Member

I get around 385-400 miles a tank of gas which I think is really really well.

16. Soulbane

Soulbane Member

Must be all nearly highway miles I suppose?

17. Emery1862

Emery1862 New Member

Really...

How in the world do you get 400 out of a tank? Even on the free way I am good if I get 300 out of a tank! Does anyone know the easiest way to clean your MAFS? Will electrical part cleaner in a spray can work?

18. beyond305

beyond305 Member

i used to own a v6 oldsmobile cutlass that had a 11 gallon tank and it used to get 400 to the tank on the high way...its possible to get 400 out the scion in more ways than one. Try drafting behind a semi truck, heh it really helps. I drive 50 miles to my friends house every now and then and it only takes 3 gallons to make it there and back. Thats over 30 mpg... Dont ask me how it does it but it just does. Is there a fuel filter on the TC that can be removed and replaced? Ive noticed that replacing one does increase gas milelage significantly. I saw the tc advertised 30mpg hwy and 25 city for the automatic and 28 hwy and like 24 city for the stick I think. I wish I could get my rpms down cuz I drive a auto and at 80 mph the tachs sittin at 3k

19. JmyHny

JmyHny Member

No it's not all highway miles.

20. spectc

spectc New Member

2007 Spec tC MPG

Hey Guys, I was curious to see what everyone else was getting as far as Gas Mileage but apparently i'm doing something a lil different. Maybe it's just my grandma style driving but I normally get 25.4 MPG in the City and I have gotten as high as 26.3. As far as Highway Mileage, I get about 31 is the best I can get, but I don't have Cruise Control because of the Spec model but I also have a manual tran. I hope that was helpful, oh yeah, I shift at 2500 RPM's and suprsingly i'm usually the fastest off the line lol....But our town is full of old people, so I guess I fit in with my quick shifting....