Registration is FREE and takes seconds to complete!
Club-tC Members Receive:
? Advertisement Free Browsing
? Access to all tC Tech Articles
? Ability to post questions and comments
? Use of private message system
? Ability to share images
? Their own personal profile page
? More tC information then anywhere else

2008 subwoofer adjustable?

Discussion in 'Audio and Electronics' started by 085speed, Feb 1, 2008.

1. 085speed

085speed New Member

Is the under floor subwoofer in the 2008 TC adjustable from the pioneer head unit? ( on/off, volume up/down ). I switched the subwoofer control ON from the initial settings menu and can't contol it. The Scion dealer said that this is normal. I say it's not. What do you think????

2. travis1041

travis1041 Member

yes dont remember how its in one of the settings you can adjust the gain

3. Ahriman

Ahriman Member

turn the stereo off by pressing the pwr button. then hold the menu button down for a few seconds(i think its the menu button), then a settings screen will pop up that allows you to change all sorts of ****... somwhere in there you can turn sub controls on or off, stock they are set to off. once you turn that on, turn the stereo back on, and there will now be a setting for the subwoofer in the normal "audio" menu.

edit: i see you already messed with the initial settings... the sub controls should be under the "audio" settings now.

4. 085speed

085speed New Member

Scion reply 2008 subwoofer control

Recently you contacted Scion Customer Experience. Below is a summary of your contact message and our response.

Subject
    2008 TC subwoofer Control

Discussion Thread
    Response (Genice Gomez) 02/01/2008 01:04 PM

Thanks for contacting Scion! To answer your question, the Bazooka Subwoofer is not available for the 2008 Scion tC; reason being your vehicle already comes equipped with the factory 6 inch subwoofer. The Pioneer upgraded radio is designed to operate with the factory subwoofer. Please refer to your audio manual for additional assistance on how to operate this option.

If you have any further questions, call us toll-free at 1-866-70-SCION, Monday-Friday 5am-6pm PST and Saturdays 7am-4pm PST.

Thanks,

Genice Gomez

Scion Customer Experience
    Customer 01/30/2008 04:34 AM
    I have a 2008 TC with the 6" subwoofer. Can that subwoofer be controled by the Pioneer radio/ ( subwoofer on/off, Level control and phase control) The radio has those option on the menu but they don't seem to work. My dealer says that those controls are for the optional Bazooka / Scion subwoofer. Please confirm.
    Thanks for your help.

5. navylife59

navylife59 Super Moderator Staff Member

Hmm. Sounds like Scion customer support doesn't have a clue. That is hat is cool about the Scion crowd. We know more about the car than the supposed experts who sell them to us. I mean, they have a dedicated and "trained" salesperson that is usually clueless.

6. 085speed

085speed New Member

Scion reply 2008 subwoofer control

Sad but true. I will keep you all posted. Over and Out.

7. 08supawhite

08supawhite Member

So I tried this and it works! It opens up a separate menu where you can change LED color (standard orange or blue), Turn iPod control on/off, turn subwoofer control on/off, change car type, as well as change and edit greeting! It is pretty awesome! Thanks for the tip!!

8. bdis3

bdis3 Member

I cant seem to get to the menu where you can change the led color to blue. Could you explain how to do this? Thanks

9. 08supawhite

08supawhite Member

Start your car, keep it running, turn stereo on then off using the power button. When it is off, hold the menu button until the alternate menu pops up.

I am not sure if it makes a difference or not but, I have the premium scion audio pioneer head unit.

10. bdis3

bdis3 Member

Haha yes that would be why i didnt have a menu button. Thanks anyway